Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's the (way too bare) info page:

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

There are absolutely no specs on this site. Has anyone tried one with the Treo 650? This will work with my 2005 CDA-9855, and I'm thinking of getting one provided it has a passthrough so that I can connect my iPod adapter to it, but I'm not going to buy anything until I can see if it works with the Treo.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Crutchfield doesn't expect it until 6/15.

The manual is up, and of note is that it can be used with a "Bluetooth Streaming Audio Device."

Edit: From the manual, I'm unsure if the unit will support voice tagging with the treo.
    Has anyone found out any more information about the KCA-100BT with a Treo? I would like to use it a IVA-W200 for my Treo 700p.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I just installed it to go with with my CDA-9857 and it seems to work well with my Treo 650 on Sprint. I can't figure out how to get voice tagging enabled on the phone, so I haven't been able to test that. However, the documentation makes no mention of it, so I wouldn't count on it functioning. Bummer. That would be nice.

-MB
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Out of curiosity, I started digging around the Palm site to find out about voice dialing. According to Palm, none of the 650 or 700 Treos can use voice dialing over Bluetooth. Serious bummer...

-MB
    Quote Originally Posted by belanger
    I just installed it to go with with my CDA-9857 and it seems to work well with my Treo 650 on Sprint. I can't figure out how to get voice tagging enabled on the phone, so I haven't been able to test that. However, the documentation makes no mention of it, so I wouldn't count on it functioning. Bummer. That would be nice.

-MB
    Have you tried SAG with it? (Broadcasting bluetooth in stereo thru your head unit from your T650)

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Have you tried SAG with it? (Broadcasting bluetooth in stereo thru your head unit from your T650)
    No, unfortunately, I don't listen to music on my Treo.

-MB
  8. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by belanger
    No, unfortunately, I don't listen to music on my Treo.

-MB
    Try for us, would you?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Try for us, would you?
    Whoops! For some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread, so I only just noticed this. I'd be happy to try, but someone needs to point me to SAG. Google doesn't really turn much up.

-MB
    belanger,

www.softick.com
    There is no spoon.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,665 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by belanger View Post
    Whoops! For some reason I wasn't subscribed to this thread, so I only just noticed this. I'd be happy to try, but someone needs to point me to SAG. Google doesn't really turn much up.

-MB
    awesome, thanks.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    Try for us, would you?
    I installed a SAG trial and out of the kindness of my heart, I will try to get to testing this week. One caveat: The unit hasn't been permanently installed in my vehicle yet. I temporarily connected it back in July to ensure it worked within my 30-day return window and then removed it until I could do a permanent install it in conjunction with a KCA-410c (I have a changer as well). This will inspire me to finally get moving...

More, hopefully, soon.

-MB
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I installed a SAG trial and out of the kindness of my heart, I will try to get to testing this week.
    Oh, hell. I guess SAG doesn't work with the 700p yet, so I can't test. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up.

Once SAG gets upgraded to support the 700p someone PM me and I'll try again...

Apologies,
    MB
    I installed a SAG trial and out of the kindness of my heart, I will try to get to testing this week. One caveat: The unit hasn't been permanently installed in my vehicle yet. I temporarily connected it back in July to ensure it worked within my 30-day return window and then removed it until I could do a permanent install it in conjunction with a KCA-410c (I have a changer as well). This will inspire me to finally get moving...

More, hopefully, soon.

-MB
    I have the same setup and I have yet to install the CD changer because the Bluetooth manual says that when CD changer 2 is in use, hands free calling will be unavailable. If you have installed your system, what have you found this to mean? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TSmith View Post
    I have the same setup and I have yet to install the CD changer because the Bluetooth manual says that when CD changer 2 is in use, hands free calling will be unavailable. If you have installed your system, what have you found this to mean? Thanks.
    This is the first I've heard this problem, but I haven't had a chance to wire it all together yet. Once it's together, I may not be able to test it, though. I'm pretty sure Treos can't do hands-free over Bluetooth and that's my phone.

-MB
    My Treo works perfectly over the Bluetooth handsfree.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Sorry, I thought you meant hands-free dialing.

-MB
    TSmith do you have a 650 or a 700? If you have a 650 can you or have you tried SAG with it yet?
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    TSmith do you have a 650 or a 700? If you have a 650 can you or have you tried SAG with it yet?
    The latter. I have a 700p, which I understand is not compatible with SAG yet...

-MB
    thanks for the update, hopefully SAG will release something compatable soon.
    There is no spoon.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast