Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes
    Doesn't HP have to pay Microsoft a licensing fee for each Windows phone sold? (yes). On the other hand, they pay no one for WebOS.

Furthermore, they employee a number of people to develope WebOS and some of you say that once they make a smartphone WebOS won't be on it. Interesting.

Like the Treo, I think they will release two phones, Win8 (could be Win9 by the time the phone is released) and a WebOS phone. I can't wait.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    I am not a betting person, I do not gamble, nor do I waste my money, I would buy everyone on this forum a HP Open webOS phone... (I am kidding of course as I do not gamble)

But I would buy it for myself, and I would buy 10 more and raffle them off... Lets see who can make the best native Open webOS Game, Application like Office, etc...

As I do not gamble, I think I have 100% confidence in HP/Palm, I am willing to put some money where my thoughts take me, but as I feel it will not happen it is a safe bet?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 09/14/2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    This is my opinion only, just my two cents, on just because there is a form factor, we need to be on that form factorů Make calculators at least I know HP/Palm is good at that.
    so was Commodore.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    so was Commodore.
    Still have my Commodore 64c and SX-64 (greatest luggable), but have a HP financial calculator one of the best in the business...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    "We've got to do it right this time" - that could be taken different ways, but I don't like the way it sounded.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Well, I don't think anyone can deny that what's happened so far in their phone divisions, has been completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sgpopovich View Post
    Putting out a smartphone because you have to in order to be a computing company doesn't sound like a company that is at all interested in developing and sustaining a mobile platform - especially if your tablets are going to be featuring Windows 8. There would be little point in promoting smartphones for computing unless they ran software that was compatible with your tablets. HP didn't buy Palm to get into the smartphone business and I doubt that strategy has changed.
    The tablet and phone combination hasn't really taken off like Palm and RIM thought it should. Like they've tried to make it do. Of course, Palm didn't have the opportunity with the Leopocalypse. RIM has some of the features on Bridge, but Palm came out with integration features that I think are far more compelling. None of the others have any kind of integration whatsoever, other than that if your tablet and your phone are on the same Google or Apple accounts, they can access the same data via the cloud, and the same apps, if they are compatible. Only PlayBook/BlackBerry and webOS actually have features to integrate the devices together.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    At least make another one with QWERTY please... I beg you.
    They will make both, slab and with Qwerty.
    Global Posts