Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By Shuswap
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By hellonnnewman
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  • 1 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    Boy do I miss webOS! It's been a while since I came by to post but I do lurk from time to time. It's exciting to see folks still updating things.

I live in Japan now and am using a new-to-me BlackBerry Key2. Who is out there daily driving a webOS device?

Sent from my BBF100-8 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Boy do I miss webOS! It's been a while since I came by to post but I do lurk from time to time. It's exciting to see folks still updating things.

I live in Japan now and am using a new-to-me BlackBerry Key2. Who is out there daily driving a webOS device?

Hey Alan!

So nice to hear from you. I still lurk about -- and occasionally comment -- as well.

I don't use my Pre3 any longer. Like you, I'm using a BlackBerry, but an older one -- the Q10. My carrier is really flexible and I'm quite fickle, so it could be something else tomorrow.

How do you like Japan? I've always wanted to visit, but never had the opportunity.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Hey Alan!

So nice to hear from you. I still lurk about -- and occasionally comment -- as well.

I don't use my Pre3 any longer. Like you, I'm using a BlackBerry, but an older one -- the Q10. My carrier is really flexible and I'm quite fickle, so it could be something else tomorrow.

How do you like Japan? I've always wanted to visit, but never had the opportunity.
    I've used almost every keyboard phone released in the last 10 years I swear. Feels like that anyway. The Q10 was one of the better ones. I really liked the Passport but BB10 really started to lose capabilities quickly it seemed! Sad. The Key2 has a VERY similar keyboard to the Passport though and I like it a lot. I even tried the Cosmo Communicator but it felt so very beta unfortunately.

Japan is great! We really love it here.

Follow me on Twitter
    Shuswap and MudShark22 like this.
    Hi Alan - nice to see a familiar face stop by!

I'm jealous of you being in Japan... that's a country I've always wanted to visit (and a language I'd like to learn). It's crazy how the mobile landscape and the supporting websites have all changed in such a short time. First webOS, then Windows Phone, and then Blackberry. Cats and dogs living together - total chaos! I still have all of my webOS phones in a drawer in my desk next to me and pull one out every so often to reminisce on those fun days.

I hope you and the family are well and enjoying your new location!
    MudShark22 likes this.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Alan, I've been following your antics on Facebook. You certainly don't have any downtime wherever you go.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Alan, I've been following your antics on Facebook. You certainly don't have any downtime wherever you go.
    Down time? What is that?? I'm glad you're still stalking the Morfords. We're having fun seeing the other side of the world.
    Follow me on Twitter
    hamnajain likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hellonnnewman View Post
    Hi Alan - nice to see a familiar face stop by!

I'm jealous of you being in Japan... that's a country I've always wanted to visit (and a language I'd like to learn). It's crazy how the mobile landscape and the supporting websites have all changed in such a short time. First webOS, then Windows Phone, and then Blackberry. Cats and dogs living together - total chaos! I still have all of my webOS phones in a drawer in my desk next to me and pull one out every so often to reminisce on those fun days.

I hope you and the family are well and enjoying your new location!
    Yeah I think about this community often. Especially as I use newer devices and they continue to borrow from the webOS I still love. Even the new mobile chrome app groups pages together albeit in a clunky and lame way when compared to stacks. I would kill for an updated UI that has cards as the main view instead of app icons.

We love Japan!

Yeah the mobile nations websites are a bit of a shadow of their former selves. I love that you can still buy Blackberry phones that are just a little different than everyone else. Physical keyboards are still around! Now if onwardmobility would release something...
    Follow me on Twitter
    hellonnnewman likes this.
    You still have that Windsornot? Ever get it to "work?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    Yeah I think about this community often. Especially as I use newer devices and they continue to borrow from the webOS I still love. Even the new mobile chrome app groups pages together albeit in a clunky and lame way when compared to stacks. I would kill for an updated UI that has cards as the main view instead of app icons.

We love Japan!

Yeah the mobile nations websites are a bit of a shadow of their former selves. I love that you can still buy Blackberry phones that are just a little different than everyone else. Physical keyboards are still around! Now if onwardmobility would release something...
    Great to hear from you Alan!

Japan must be fascinating.

I'm starting up the next user meeting if you happen to be lurking. Care to join?