Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Alan Morford
  1.    #1  
    As the title suggests, I have a BlackBerry KEYone. Ask me anything.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    How's the balance? It looks a little top heavy, so I was wondering about that.

How's the keyboard?

Have you been able to implement any gestures, like we did with Dirty Unicorns?

Did you keep it? Are you still using it?
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    How's the balance? It looks a little top heavy, so I was wondering about that.
    It does look that way doesn't it? It balances perfectly well.

How's the keyboard?
    Very clicky. Very blackberry. I like it a lot.

Have you been able to implement any gestures, like we did with Dirty Unicorns?
    Well not exactly. I do have Nova Launcher installed but only because I can assign actions for it to keys. When on the BlackBerry launcher home screen you can set keyboard key shortcuts. Nova has actions like drop down notification area and I have that set to the n key for instance.

Did you keep it? Are you still using it?
    Yes I did and yes I am. I change phones like I change socks. So I'm using different devices day to day.
    Follow me on Twitter
    Shuswap and dkirker like this.
    Global Posts
    824 Global Posts
    Have you tried the Evie Launcher? I found it much more responsive and more intuitive than Nova.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    Have you tried the Evie Launcher? I found it much more responsive and more intuitive than Nova.
    Does it support BlackBerry keyboard shortcuts?
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by ggendel View Post
    The search would be genius if it worked as soon as you started typing. JustType all over again!

As for responsiveness, I tried the BlackBerry launcher on a Nexus 4 and an LG G2, and on both it was fairly sluggish in comparison to Nova. So if I was willing to buy a Keyone (not as long as the bootloader's locked), an alternative launcher would be my first move.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    The search would be genius if it worked as soon as you started typing. JustType all over again!

As for responsiveness, I tried the BlackBerry launcher on a Nexus 4 and an LG G2, and on both it was fairly sluggish in comparison to Nova. So if I was willing to buy a Keyone (not as long as the bootloader's locked), an alternative launcher would be my first move.
    I don't mind the response time. I mean we all use or used Pres here right? Just Type is fast fast it's not perfect. Removing the ability to use shortcut keys removes part of what makes the device a blackberry.
    Follow me on Twitter