Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    my upgrade worked fine....did it a few days ago. Battery seemed to get sucked down faster until I realized Versamail was remaining connected (actually, not sure if that was it but it seemed to help when I disconnected it).

But today, magic happened and my battery has remained at 99% for the last 5 hours. Now, either I'm really lucky or something else is wrong. Anyone seen this?
    Has anyone lost their call logging? When I hit the green phone button I only get the phone pad. I no longer get a list of incomming and outgoing calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Anyone having their mic turn off when the screen turns off? Friend of mine with a Cingular 650 is having that issue on EVERY call post update.
    Yep - I had that. I flashed it three times - same problem. Cingular is sending me another phone today. Hopefully they will have flashed it, but I kinda doubt it.

RP
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Has anyone lost their call logging? When I hit the green phone button I only get the phone pad. I no longer get a list of incomming and outgoing calls.
    I got that also on one of my three attempts to run the update.

RP
    I have a new one on the way for my problem with the call log and some resets as well. should be here Monday/Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I'm CNB (don't know if it matters) and I still get the recently dialed calls with an option to select the call log (same as before). One thought is that the Phone Log didn't get copied over after the hard reset. I think the file on your computer would be PhoneCallDB.PDB, but if you've synched a couple of times your pre-upgrade version may no longer be in your backup directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    The screen only fully turns off, when you're actually on a call talking on the treo via the phone it self or a corded headset.
    I mean it turns off when I am not on a call - auto screen dimming or whatever you call it. I have set it for 3 minutes, but usually hit the red button to dark the screen, now I get 30 seconds? I don't mind during the call as I cant see the screen anyway. A simple tap brings it back. It used to dim with the old firmware.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    I did the update this morning, then late this afternoon my keypad just died - the unit wouldn't respond to any keystrokes whatsoever. A restart fixed it, but this is the first time I've ever seen a problem like that. I hope this update doesn't turn out to be unstable. My unit has been VERY stable on the original firmware. I updated for the better memory usage, and more importantly for the DUN support. With luck, it may have just been a fluke and unrelated to the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by neptical
    Same issue with my mac, out of curiosity, are you running Tiger? I want to figure out if it's a mac thing or a tiger thing.

Anyway, I had success using the SD card method, however this will only upgrade your firmware, so you will still be running 1.13-ROW which is cool because you won't have any of the cingular branding.

Just drag the files onto your card, place them in the PALM folder and in the Launch folder within that. Run the Firmware upgrade which should be the middle file, (the other two won't do a thing) and that's it. Now I freaked when I saw nothing in the Firmware version... once you put your sim card back and turn the phone on you'll be good. (You probably knew this already but I know I almost had a heart attack lol) Hope this helps
    Yep, running Tiger (10.4.2) on a G4 iBook

Will try the SD card method. Nice to get the firmware upgrade, but keep the ROW, which is running nicely.

Roger
    Cingular Treo 650
    FW 01.51 SW Treo650-1.b17-CNG
    Mac OSX.4.6
    well, after another long trouble shoot with someone in india (very thick accent, hard to understand, etc.) Palm decided that my phone was indeed, defective. I was the 3rd case that they have seen that bluetooth was hosed after the 1.15 update. cingular is sending me a new phone (but they are backlogged about a week.) I have to say, palm's customer service was better before outsourcing…
    Which telephone # did you call to talk to a person? Was it a Palm or a Cingular number?

I thought Cingular handles all support .. and didn't think Cingular had outsourced that.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by rscow
    Yep, running Tiger (10.4.2) on a G4 iBook

Will try the SD card method. Nice to get the firmware upgrade, but keep the ROW, which is running nicely.

Roger

I was having the same problem. Phone firmware would update to 1.31, but not the ROM update...it stayed at the ROW 1.13 update...when using either a hotsync via Missing Sync or trying to install off the card. So, as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, I tried doing it on a Windows box...the 1.15-CNG update took just fine with a hotsync...so go figure. I then installed the 1.31 firmware update via the SD card (with the files being dumped directly onto the card) and synced via Missing Sync. I'm running 10.4.2 Tiger and Missing Sync. So, I think this might have something to do with Tiger.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    Anyone having their mic turn off when the screen turns off? Friend of mine with a Cingular 650 is having that issue on EVERY call post update.
    Me too. After upgrade, when screen dims mic goes off. Arrrgh! Suggestions?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I am really debating going back to the ROW update. So far, I am not overlly impressed with this update. I made the wrong assumption that the additional time taken to release this update was to ensure that it was stable...guess I was wrong...at least so far. There seems to be too many problems with the update. The only thing that prevents me from going back right now is that I dont have the 30 minutes to do the upgrade. But just one more incident, and I will make the time...

rob
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Well, the camels back is broke...Im going back, all my settings are screwed up, sounds are messed up, voicedialer doesnt work, etc. I have had enough, Im going back...

Cingular, shame on you, this is, in my opinion, the least stable firmware release I have seen to date.

sorry, but I gotta go

rob
    It's working for me .. the only bug that's bugging me is the Auto-off in 30 sec.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    yes..i absolutely hate this "feature"..as sometimes the screen wont come back on. It should be an option to do this and not a requirement!

rob
    ProfileCare will disable this dimming feature.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterrk
    Me too. After upgrade, when screen dims mic goes off. Arrrgh! Suggestions?
    A combination of ProfileCare and VolumeCare should solve this problem.

ProfileCare will turn off teh auto dimming if you have a profile that enables or disables ProfileCare's auto screen dimming. VolumeCare can control the MIC volume settings. So even if the MIC disappears during the call, you can use the Option+5-Way UP/DOWN keys to restore the volume. I would be *very* willing to work with someone directly to come up with a seamless solution to this problem.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Too late, I am already back on the ROW version. Somehow, all my software preferences, mail settings and accounts, etc were wiped out. I dont know what the cause was, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me. The last thing I did was upgrade to this firmware revision so I drew the conclusion...right or wrong, I'm back to where I was a few days ago.

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    It's working for me .. the only bug that's bugging me is the Auto-off in 30 sec.
    Yeah, what gives with the Auto-off 30 sec thing. That is becoming more annoying by the day.