Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Or temporarily, is there a 'Tractor' option?
    There may be a secret in the vehicle profile flags. There are attributes "flags", "flag_forward_mask" and "flag_reverse_mask" that can be set in the vehicle profile. The attributes are described in the list of possible configurations. These attributes seem to define how your vehicle really behaves (e.g. driving in the wrong direction on oneway tracks 0x00000020 ??). If you change the flags of your car profile into 0x80000000 (pedestrian) it will have access to tracks that are not allowed for cars.
    I didn't understand everything of these settings (language barrier) but I didn't see a flag that looked promising for allowing access restricted tracks for agriculture...

Nevertheless, I seem to have first promising results with my problem:

I downloaded a small map segment from OpenStreetmap. With a text editor I deleted all tags containing "<tag k="access" v="agricultural"/>".
    Then I found a maptool file on my Navit directory on my HP Veer. So I copied the complete Navit folder from my HP Veer to my Lubuntu notebook. Then I opened a terminal and went into the bin folder of the copied files and entered
    Code:
    maptool -i MTB.osm MTB_undefined.bin
    The answer from the terminal was (translated from german):
    The application maptool is not installed. You can install it with sudo apt install maptool
    So I entered this command and after success re-entered the maptool-command again.
    After this the binfile MTB_undefined was created (the app "Navit Maps" uses the text in front of the underline as mapname and the text behind the underline as to show coordinates)

You can see the result of the bicycle route of my problematic track in the screenshot below - hooray

Of course it would be better to give your bicycle profille the rights to access the restricted roads as described above. The workaround has the disadvantage that you need additional maps on your device, because I don't think you can use the manipulated maps for normal navigation (the restriction for cars might be missing).
    But in the first step it is a usable workaround
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hi,

I don't know if there are some webOS users left who like to ride bicycles with GPS support of their webOS devices. I found and tested solutions for the problems posted above and found some additional improvements so I'd like to share them

All following GUI settings are prepared for HP Pre3. If you need additional settings for HP Veer feel free to contact me. I already customized my Veer, too.

Navigate on roads that are access restricted for agricultural purposes

I found out that there is probably no vehicle profile flag that can be used to get access to these roads. If you tap on such a road in Navit to show the attributes of this track you will find a flag "0x0". If you do this on an agricultural road where there is an exception for bicycles inserted by an OSM editor then you'll find a flag 0x40000000. So I think no vehicle is allowed on agricultural access restrictionat all.

That means: if you want to navigate on these tracks you have to modify your map. Luckily this is no big deal if you can do this on a linux system (e.g. Ubuntu Live DVD)

• Open http://www.openstreetmap.org in your browser
    • Click on "Export" in the top menu
    • Move to the area that you like to export (all that is visible in the main window)
    • Click on "Overpass API" (I get errors almost every time when clicking on the "Export" button)
    • You should get a map that you can save as myMap.osm

Now you need maptool on your system. If you don't have it yet enter
    Code:
    sudo apt install maptool
    into your terminal

To delete all access restrictions for agricultural roads use your terminal
    Code:
    sed -i '/<tag k="access" v="agricultural"\/>/d' /home/stefan/Downloads/myMap.osm
    This will take some time depending on the size of your map

Then delete all empty lines that would cause an error
    Code:
    sed -i '/^\s*$/d' /home/stefan/Downloads/myMap.osm
    This will take some time depending on the size of your map

Convert the map into a bin file
    Code:
    maptool -i /home/stefan/Downloads/myMap.osm /home/stefan/Downloads/myMap_8.3,48.7,9.3,49.2.bin
    The App "Navit Maps" will list the name left of the underscore as map name and the part right of the underscore as additional information. So I used the coordinates in my name to get similar informations that are used when using Planet Extractor

When all these steps are ready you will have a map that can be used to navigate on agricultural roads even if the OSM editor forgot to insert exceptions for the access restriction.

Using route guard

In my opinion this feature is perfect for travelling with a bicycle. I used this for a tour of 80 km last week. You can insert a colored path onto your map before starting your trip and don't need to navigate to a target with waypoints. If you decide to take a nice looking track that is not on your planned route then just take it. You don't have to care that Navit will calculate a completely different route because of the new situation. You can simply keep an eye on the distance to your planned route and then decide when there is a chance to get back on your route.

I would strongly recommend to make a backup of all files in the folder /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ before editing the files as described below. I'm not very good in understanding rights management on file systems and had several issues where files were not stored or got broken when I used a Windows system to edit or overwrite files on my webOS device. So if your Navit won't run any more you might need to upload the original files of /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/ to make it run again.

These are the steps to enable route guard

• Create a textfile with waypoints of your planned route (exaple on http://wiki.navit-project.org/index.php/OSD#route_guard)
    • The coordinates are first longitude and then latitude!
    • the header line could be
      Code:
      name="route_guard_test" type="track" label="myTrack"
      (the name inserted in label will be displayed on your track)
    • save your track as myTrack.txt into /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/maps

I found no possibility to use route guard with Navit Maps. So you have to edit your file /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/navit.xml
    (I use several files and depending what I want to do select between them by renaming them to navit.xml)

Find this line in navit.xml
    Code:
    <xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.xml"/>
    and disable it by entering comment-tags
    Code:
    <!--<xi:include href="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/*.xml"/>-->
    Then insert below
    Code:
    <!--Route Guard-->
    <mapset enabled="yes">
    <map type="binfile" enabled="yes" description="myMap" data="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/myMap_8.3,48.7,9.3,49.2.bin"/>
    <map type="textfile" enabled="yes" name="myTrack" active="1" data="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/maps/myTrack.txt" />
    </mapset>
    To make the route guard feature work on your device insert this code at the end of the file /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/osds/00-default.xml
    Code:
    <!-- Route Guard -->
    <osd enabled="yes" type="route_guard" item_name="route_guard_test" map_name="myTrack" font_size="400" background_color="#000000" x="0" y="175" w="100" h="30" min_dist="30"  max_dist="200" update_period="10" />
    item_name is the name you inserted in the first line of your textfile with the waypoints
    map_name is the name you inserted in the map-tag (see above) in navit.xml
    min_dist is the distance between your position and the planned route in meters where there will be a call by speech dispatcher to get back to your route. The distance display will additionally turn from white to red
    max_dist is the distance between your position and the planned route in meters where the red distance warning will change back to white again
    the other tags define the look of the display warning; the example above will set it just below the speed warning on a Pre 3

It is a little bit confusing to find your track later because it will always be only 1 px wide. So I would suggest to make the line pink and wider when zooming into your card
    Take your file /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/layouts/03-bike.xml and search for
    Code:
    <itemgra item_types="track" order="3-">
    <polyline color="#3f3f3f" width="1"/>
    </itemgra>
    and replace it with
    Code:
    <itemgra item_types="track" order="3-4">
    <polyline color="#ff00ff" width="1"/>
    </itemgra>
    <itemgra item_types="track" order="5-8">
    <polyline color="#ff00ff" width="2"/>
    </itemgra>
    <itemgra item_types="track" order="9-12">
    <polyline color="#ff00ff" width="3"/>
    </itemgra>
    <itemgra item_types="track" order="13-18">
    <polyline color="#ff00ff" width="5"/>
    </itemgra>
    Below I added four pictures while using route guard. The first one shows me travelling on the planned route. One the second I'm taking a little detour so the distance-field gets a red warning. On the third one I'm taking a bigger detour that is outside of my warning range so the distance-field is white again. The last one is an overview of a part of the planned tour.

Track your tours as GPX files

Navit can track your routes if you edit your navit.xml and replace the line
    Code:
    <vehicle name="GPS" lag="15" profilename="car" enabled="yes" follow="1" active="1" source="webos://"/>
    with
    Code:
    <vehicle name="GPS" lag="15" profilename="car" enabled="yes" follow="1" active="1" source="webos://">
    <log enabled="yes" type="gpx" data="%Y%m%d_trackfile-%i.gpx" flush_size="1000" flush_time="30" attr_types="position_time_iso8601,position_direction,position_speed,profilename,position_radius,position_height,position_sats_used,position_hdop"/>
    </vehicle>
    This will generate a gpx file every time you use Navit. The gpx-files are stored in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.navit/

Display Track informations on the map

OSM data delivers informations of the quality of your route. In the standard bike layout most of the road types are displayed the same way and many good tracks are only displayed as a line only few pixels wide.
    If you edit following lines in 03-Bike.xml
    Code:
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_paved" order="8-">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="5"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="3"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="9-">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="4"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="2"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_unpaved" order="10-">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="3"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="1"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_ground" order="11-">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="3" dash="6,6"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="1" dash="6,6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_grass" order="12-">
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="2" dash="6,6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="bridleway" order="10-">
          		  <polyline color="#8b4513" width="3"/>
          		  <polyline color="#f4a460" width="1"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="cycleway" order="10-">
          		  <polyline color="#006400" width="4"/>
          		  <polyline color="#3cb371" width="2"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="footway" order="12-">
    into
    Code:
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_paved" order="8-10">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="5"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_paved" order="11-13">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="7"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="5"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_paved" order="14-16">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="10"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_paved" order="17-18">
          		  <polyline color="#d2d2d2" width="14"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="10"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="9-10">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="4"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="2"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="11-12">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="6"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="4"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="13-14">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="8"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="15-16">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="12"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="8"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_gravelled" order="17-18">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="14"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="10"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_unpaved" order="10-11">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="3"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="1"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_unpaved" order="12-13">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="5"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_unpaved" order="14-15">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="9"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="5"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_unpaved" order="16-18">
          		  <polyline color="#0000ff" width="12"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="8"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_ground" order="11-">
          		  <polyline color="#FF0000" width="3" dash="6,6"/>
          		  <polyline color="#fefefe" width="1" dash="6,6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="track_grass" order="12-">
          		  <polyline color="#FF4800" width="2" dash="6,6"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="bridleway" order="10-">
          		  <polyline color="#8b4513" width="3"/>
          		  <polyline color="#f4a460" width="1"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="cycleway" order="10-11">
          		  <polyline color="#006400" width="4"/>
          		  <polyline color="#3cb371" width="2"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="cycleway" order="12-13">
          		  <polyline color="#006400" width="6"/>
          		  <polyline color="#3cb371" width="4"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="cycleway" order="14-15">
          		  <polyline color="#006400" width="9"/>
          		  <polyline color="#3cb371" width="5"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="cycleway" order="16-18">
          		  <polyline color="#006400" width="12"/>
          		  <polyline color="#3cb371" width="8"/>
        	  </itemgra>
        	  <itemgra item_types="footway" order="12-">
    Then you will see these tracks larger and you will recognize track types better:
    unpaved tracks have a blue borderline, "bad tracks" are red, real cycleways are green
    In the second picture you can see a good but unpaved road when turning left

Get route calculation information

Have you ever been waiting for a route calculation and didn't get any response? Here is how you can get information if calculation is still running or if it ended without a result.

• Create an additional folder /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/additional_icons
    • Insert the required icons into this folder (see zip archive attached)
    • Edit your file /media/internal/appdata/org.webosinternals.navit/osds/00-default.xml
      Change
      Code:
      <osd enabled="yes" type="image" x="-85" y="40" w="85" h="343" src="$NAVIT_SHAREDIR/xpm/PreNav/menu_right_mantaray.png" />
      into
      Code:
      <osd enabled="yes" type="image" x="-85" y="40" w="85" h="343" src="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/menu_right_mantaray.png" />
    • Insert before
      Code:
      <!-- bottom-left elements -->
      the terms
      Code:
      <osd enabled="yes" type="button" x="-64" y="362" w="64" h="64" command="" name="status" src="$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/no_destination_64_64.png" />

<osd name="status1" h="1" w="1"  update_period="1"  enabled="yes" type="cmd_interface" x="11"  y="416" command='osd[@name=="status"].src = route.route_status==1 ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/set_64_64.png" : 
      (route.route_status==0     ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/no_destination_64_64.png" :   
      (route.route_status==3     ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/def_64_64.png" : 
      (route.route_status==5     ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/calculate_64_64.png" : 
      (route.route_status==13    ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/calculate_64_64.png" : 
      (route.route_status==17    ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/up_64_64.png" : 
      (route.route_status==33    ? "$NAVIT_USER_DATADIR/additional_icons/route_64_64.png" : "unhandled"
      ))))))'  />

You will get an additional icon in the right menu bar that will tell if the system is still calculating your route (hourglass)
    You can see the icon in my screenshots below. In my case it shows that no target has been selected

Have a nice trip
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    KURT B and MartinH@webos like this.
    Nafetz, the route calc worked great, thanks for the info.
    Has any one figured out how to change the voice in the navit app?
    I am using speech dispatcher on a pre3 and not sure which file to edit with what line to change.
    I see an espeak-generic.conf file but is that for a different speech interface program?

Thank you,
    KB
    Yes, that is a Britten super bike.
    I only tested the Mojo service of Speech Dispatcher with method 'say' as described here: Application:SpeechDispatcher - WebOS Internals
    But I couldn't make the different voices work...
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456