Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Up for grabs is a gently used Palm Pre 3 4G GSM Smartphone. If memory serves, this phone is supposed to be unlocked. But please be advised, I've only ever used it with AT&T.

The phone's been set up following the procedure outlined in the two pivotCE articles, "Coming Back To WebOS In 2014”, Parts 1 and 2. Impostah, Preware, Tweaks, Govnah, UberKernal, GlobalSign Root Certificate, FileMgr, and Internalz Pro have been installed.

The phone and all accessories are in great condition, with the exception of a minor case of “slider wiggle”, and a couple of issues with the battery cover: (a) The rubberized covering has rubbed off. (b) Three extremely tiny hairline cracks (USB port, power button, headphone jack) were recently discovered while removing the battery cover. Not sure why this is as the phone was never dropped. They in no way inhibit the use of the phone. If you’re careful in doing so, it won’t be a problem. But you really need to be careful. :-)

Includes:
    • Touchstone Wireless Charger
    • Wall Charger
    • USB cable
    • Headphones
    • AT&T Retail Box
    • All Printed Documentation
    • BP4 1230 mAh battery (holds a charge, but sold as-is)

Asking $135 plus shipping (from New Jersey)

Please Note: That you may need to make additional changes, by way of mods, tweaks and patches, in order for the Pre 3 to suit your specific needs. However, the phone will ship in working condition as described above.

P1130111.jpg

Thanks for Looking!
    Last edited by batterboy; 11/21/2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    If it is the AT&T version, it is currently locked to the AT&T network. You can get it unlocked pretty easily, but you have to be the original owner and jump through a few hoops.

The only other major GSM compatible network in the US is T-mobile, and I can tell you from personal experience that using the Pre3 on T-mobile is a less than stellar experience, due to issues in receiving MMS.

Cheers!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. I'm the original owner...and thinking maybe I should prepare myself for some hoop jumping. :-) Any advice on where I should start?
    Quote Originally Posted by batterboy View Post
    Thanks for the information. Really appreciate it. I'm the original owner...and thinking maybe I should prepare myself for some hoop jumping. :-) Any advice on where I should start?
    Never needed to use it, but this is often mentioned: Dogbert's Blog: Free Unlocker for Palm/HP Phones

Or search the Pre3 forum
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Great, thanks!