1.    #1  
    I know the second request is a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on both. I'd like to add the Pre 3 back to my collection after losing mine in a recent move and the WindsorNot is my ultimate piece to add to my Palm webOS puzzle next to my TP Go and Windsor.
    You have a Windsor?
    Hmmmm....

Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    992 Global Posts
    I have a spare prototype Pre3. No back cover or battery, though.

I'm looking for an ATT HP veer with cable and battery to trade for.
    I've got 1 or 2 BNIB or almost BNIB Verizon Pre 3's laying around. PM me :-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by allen832008 View Post
    I know the second request is a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on both. I'd like to add the Pre 3 back to my collection after losing mine in a recent move and the WindsorNot is my ultimate piece to add to my Palm webOS puzzle next to my TP Go and Windsor.
    Photos of Windsor or it does not exist
  6.    #6  
    Maybe I'm getting my history mixed up. I know the first canceled slab webOS phone was Windsor, but I thought that later became the Pre3 after the WindsorNot. I have the Pre3 proto with Palm branding. Herrie, sending you a PM now. Anyone still have a WindsorNot let me know. Still interested.
    The Windsor came before the Pre3. Actually, before the Pre2. It was geared to be a multimedia device with HDMI, and a larger resolution screen; and was a slider like the Pre (Castle). It was kind of a beefy phone, so it never launched. Pre3 (Mantaray) eventually came along using a body with a very similar design to Windsor, except thinner and more rounded out. The WindsorNot was being developed at the same time as a slab. The codename basically being a play on "Not Windsor," since the device was thin, unlike the Windsor.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    "..The codename basically being a play on "Not Windsor," since the device was thin, unlike the Windsor.."

And also I have always suspected, a 'Pun' on the tie tying method developed by the Windsors!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_knot

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    "..The codename basically being a play on "Not Windsor," since the device was thin, unlike the Windsor.."

And also I have always suspected, a 'Pun' on the tie tying method developed by the Windsors!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_knot

The pun was definitely used for the WindsorNot JIRA project icon!
    Did you know:

Does anyone know what the webOS touch responses that are grayish circles with a ripple effect when the touch screen is touched are called?

I am having a difficult time explaining them to someone else. I need the official name for them. What is the name for the visual touch feedback on webOS smartphones?
    Does anyone know what the webOS touch responses that are grayish circles with a ripple effect when the touch screen is touched are called?

I am having a difficult time explaining them to someone else. I need the official name for them. What is the name for the visual touch feedback on webOS smartphones?
    Tap Ripple and there are patches in Preware to disable it for those who don't like it ;-)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Tap Ripple and there are patches in Preware to disable it for those who don't like it ;-)
    Is that the official name of that feature? I am typing 'Tab Ripple webOS' into google and I don't see any images with that feature being displayed. I'm trying to reference it somewhere else and explain it, but I don't know the official name.

Is it possible to change what the tap effect looks like in webOS? Can I change and replace with another touch effect to look different than it is now?

Also can I get this same tap ripple on android? I can get visual touch feedback on Android, but can I also change the Android touch feedback as well?

Do you know?
    Quote Originally Posted by rockpebble View Post
    Is that the official name of that feature? I am typing 'Tab Ripple webOS' into google and I don't see any images with that feature being displayed. I'm trying to reference it somewhere else and explain it, but I don't know the official name.

Is it possible to change what the tap effect looks like in webOS? Can I change and replace with another touch effect to look different than it is now?

Also can I get this same tap ripple on android? I can get visual touch feedback on Android, but can I also change the Android touch feedback as well?

Do you know?
    Just "ripple." As for changing it in older versions of the OS, I don't recall. It is doable if you use Luna CE or if you are running LuneOS. There are some Google results, but keep in mind this is 7 years old and I've noticed Google kind of lets this stuff fade into the sunset... :'(

Probably best to start a new thread instead of commenting off topic on existing threads.
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    s for changing it in older versions of the OS, I don't recall
    Do you know if this can be done in Android then? Or was your response in regards to both Android and webOS?