HP Touchpad 64GB White
    HP Touchpad 32GB AT&T 4G
    7" proto touchpad with GPS
    two HP Touchpad Touchstone recharging pads in boxes
    two Palm Touchstone pucks
    one Palm Touchstone puck in box
    two Palm international chargers
    one see through Touchpad cover
    a box of cables, cradles, power chargers (Touchpad and Pre)

I'm not breaking this up. One sale for the lot. They all worked last time I used them, but haven't power them up for quite a while. They are just taking space now.

US$500 (I'm in San Jose) plus postage.

This is an excellent price, I'm not looking for offers.
    SiobhŠn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    No more webOS for you? :'(
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    No more webOS for you? :'(
    I have a webs tv
    SiobhŠn

Palm III, Treo 600/650/680/750, Pre, Pre3, AT&T Pre3, tp 4G, tp 64GB.

I am an HP Employee. I am not associated in anyway with the development of webOS or associated devices. Opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not in any way represent HP or Palm in any official manner. Any implications derived from my posts are the result of my own point of view and do not indicate any intention or evidence of past, present or future activity or plans of the aforementioned HP or Palm.
    I need one of those!
    Did you know:

Can you update real pictures?
    Sorry to see you go, Siobhan!
    Nice webOS co;lection.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Nice collection Siobhan! Damn it's always sad to see a collection go.

Can you please post pictures of the devices for sale? It will help members see what is being offered and part of our format for posting sale items. I may be interested in a TP charging stand.
    RE: 7" proto touchpad with GPS I presume this refers to a TP GO device.Does it have a 4G WWan card in it and if so, is it an Ericsson or a Sierra wireless MC7700? Thinking about the whole lot just to get this 1 device - and one more question: is it a DVT or a EVT model?Tough call for me 'cuz I already have a complete lot of Palm Devices a friend in Sunnyvale turned me on to rather than seizing a Touchpad GO I recently had purchased on eBay from some guy they (the HP men in black dudes) just busted for doing it..It includes two original Palm devices, now collector editions, unopened, unused and flawless. One is a Claudia Shiffer Palm Vx collectors edition retail box set, and the other is an original, unopened shrink-wrapped retail box Palm Pilot device looking like it just rolled outta the factory.Toying with selling my lot or adding to it with yours .but $500 firm ???... hmmmmAnyone got an idea what that Palm Vx and that Palm Pilot would go for?Yes, TTB's back ... for a spell ... only wishing he might stumble upon an elusive Android build for the TouchPad GOInstead he's thinking about buying more webOS hw in a lot OMG eeeee gads. better run!
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 02/10/2018 at 10:43 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Palm Devices a friend in Sunnyvale turned me on to rather than seizing a Touchpad GO I recently had purchased on eBay from some guy they (the HP men in black dudes) just busted for doing it
    I sense there's an interesting story here. But... is it illegal to sell a Go on ebay ??
    Not to hijack the thread, but I am curious about this story, too....
    Did you know:

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    I sense there's an interesting story here. But... is it illegal to sell a Go on ebay ??
    Yes, read the sticker that was originally on the back battery cover of these devices. Most of those may be gone, but some do still exist.The words not for sale and prototype stick out. Technically it is illegal to possess or sell one of these. Here's the abbreviated story. Shortly after Leo pooped on Palm, a couple of daring hp employees, one in Canada, and another here in the US thought they could get away with selling their company issued prototype 7 incher's on eBay for some quick cash neglecting to consider that the Palm/HP men in black group located in North America (Sunnyvale still at that time) kept better records of the company's prototype disbursements to employees than their fellow mib counterparts located in Asia.I purchased one of these on eBay and paid for overnight delivery because I didn't want my first GO to take too long to arrive. At that time (Late Sept or early Oct 2011) I had spent weeks scouring the net, learning how to enlist a agent to buy online from china, learning how to use google translate to translate Chinese blog posts (just kidding, already knew how) and hoping to stumble on one of these for sale somewhere.Then I was lucky to stumble on one just listed on ebay within a half hour after it was posted and of course paid a premium for it.Coincidentally, the day it arrived here in Southern California, I received a call from a member of that mib group in Sunnyvale within two hours. The person identified him self and explained why he was calling and we started talking. I told him I was going to place it in my china cabinet as a part of my recently started Palm OS and webOS hw collection. That must have been music to his ears because then he informed me as long as I gave him the serial # of the device (so they could document the sale and which employee sold it (I'm pretty sure his termination was imminent based on the way that phone call was handled ) . continuing on, he said I could keep that GO as long as I promised not to resell it and and promise I was going to keep it for my own personal use and display only as part of my collection. Additionally right at the end of the call he said hold on a second, then he asked me to give him my address. I started to sweat for a second or two, then he said he was going to send me a collection of Legacy Palm devices that had been on display in Sunnyvale to add to my collection. When they arrived, some were in shrink wrapped factory retail packaging. Others were withoput the power cords but in mint condition.So there you have it, illegal to possess or sell, Says so right on the back of the devices. Right after HP's pooping parade on Palm they did their best to try to corral as many of the GO's as they could. Thankfully for webOS enthusiasts, they didn't get them all. Now, almost 7 years later, even though nothing has really changed legally, gathering up any more of these devices, now well beyond the trailing edge of technology, is considered by most to be something they are no longer concerned with. TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I told him I was going to place it in my china cabinet as a part of my recently started Palm OS and webOS hw collection. That must have been music to his ears
    Yes it was. Especially since no one knew what was coming. The feeling around the office after it happened was like someone sucked all of the oxygen out; mixed in with the same reaction that a bunch of ants have if you step on an ant hill... There were piles of old devices and such, mostly PalmOS stuff, stacked around the office; all heading for the grinder. Some of the shwag was placed out on break-room counters; usually something new each day...

And yeah, that story makes a lot of sense. I can definitely see that happening right after the shutdown. Now, probably not so much an issue... (With all the standard legal disclaimers.. .blah blah I'm not a lawyer... yadda yadda) In Sunnyvale there was definitely a pretty good prototype record keeping (I am not sure what ever became of, or who it was, that leaked the image of the WindsorNot). Actually, a lot of the processes for obtaining and handing out EVT, DVT, and PVT units were pretty smooth. (A lot of that was under Sabeen Minns and some others. Pretty fricken awesome group to work with!)

I'd totally throw down to get the Pre3 phones listed. But, I should be paying off credit cards..... D:

#webosforever #palmforever
    Did you know:

Interesting story indeed, and good point... totally forgot about the sticker since the Go i got was without it.
    And this reminds me I should have bought 2 or 3 spare backs when they shown up on taobao, months ago ...
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Interesting story indeed, and good point... totally forgot about the sticker since the Go i got was without it.
    And this reminds me I should have bought 2 or 3 spare backs when they shown up on taobao, months ago ...
    There were spare backs??!?!?! I broke the tab that allowed the coils to remain in contact with the device, then I ended up having to hack it up..... Ended up soldering the charging coil to the pogo pins (because I lacked certain skills that I probably have now) and moving them off of the back... I did get a Wifi only go (it was advertised as a 64GB 3G, but the label on the box was wrong...) and am using its back... I kind of want to reverse it. :/
    Did you know:

Yes, months ago there was a seller with 4 to 6 backs, some with stickers, some without. I think some were clearly EVT while others were DVT. The price for one was between 5 and 10 euro, if I remember right.
    But I need to put a word of warning... the person that gave me the Go, when I mentioned I was planning to get the charging stand, made sure that the whole wireless charging was working by trying different backs and stopping at the one that made correctly contact.

With this I mean that getting a spare back doesn't automatically ensure that the contacts are a perfect fit due to being maybe slightly different prototypes. Ergo, if you manage to find a source of backs, get more than just one ( imho )
    Dkirker: After fixing some Go's (stuff on TaoBao is hardly ever as advertised) I have some spare parts laying around. I might have some back for you, just need to know which one you need.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    What's the going rate for a go these days? I really need to add one to my collection.

(And a Pre3, and a 64GB....)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    What's the going rate for a go these days? I really need to add one to my collection.(And a Pre3, and a 64GB....)
    There is no going rate anymore. its whatever the seller is willing to take for it and since they now hardly ever show up for sale even on taobao, its difficult to determine an average price.The lot in this thread is a bargain, and includes one of the prototypes we're discussing here, but I have yet to hear back whether its a wifi only or a 3G/4G model yet.Herrie - i need a couple of GO digitizer boards if you have any that are not fried and I could use a 3g/4g main board too if you have one.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is this for sale?

Regards