Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    From the https://webos-ports.org/wiki/Main_Page it looks like releases come out around this time. I tried Eggnog Latte on my Touchpad, but the screen kept going blank after a minute. Somewhere that was listed as a known issue which would be corrected in the next version. Will there be a new release of LuneOS soon?
    There are no time lines for this volunteer project, but...
    https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...ml#post3456921
  3.    #3  
    Any odds on getting a bug fix release which corrects the screen blanking issue on the Touchpad? I would love to road test LuneOS but that screen blanking bug makes the device unusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by needtodownloadafile View Post
    Any odds on getting a bug fix release which corrects the screen blanking issue on the Touchpad? I would love to road test LuneOS but that screen blanking bug makes the device unusable.
    Yes, we're upgrading the Android base for all targets to Android 9.0, afterwards we expect to push a stable release out. You can always try the testing builds at any time.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Yes, we're upgrading the Android base for all targets to Android 9.0, afterwards we expect to push a stable release out. You can always try the testing builds at any time.
    Where does one find a pre-compiled testing build which can be installed via the instructions listed on https://webos-ports.org/wiki/Install...for_Tenderloin ?
    Where does one find a pre-compiled testing build which can be installed via the instructions listed on https://webos-ports.org/wiki/Install...for_Tenderloin ?
    Index of /luneos-testing/images/tenderloin/

Just pick the latest date for image and uImage.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  7.    #7  
    Just an F.Y.I. to people following the install instructions on the page referenced above. The /media/internal/ directory on my Touchpad does not have enough space to receive the luneos-dev-image-tenderloin-testing... file, and issues an out of storage message when trying to copy it there. Tried to interpret the output from the df command and was able to upload the file to /media/luneos-root/. Trying to tar xzf it from there.
  8.    #8  
    Index of /luneos-testing/images/tenderloin/

Just pick the latest date for image and uImage.
    This URL is now returning HTTP 404 File Not Found. Is there a mirror somewhere? The testing build I download does not boot on the Touchpad and I want to try a different one.
    Last edited by needtodownloadafile; 11/11/2021 at 10:34 PM.
    This URL is now returning HTTP 404 File Not Found. Is there a mirror somewhere? The testing build I download does not boot on the Touchpad and I want to try a different one.
    There were some infrastructure issues on Wednesday. The admins are working to get everything back online. I expect it will be available in the next couple of days again.
  10.    #10  
    Looks like they are making some progress. No HTTP 404 any more.

500 Internal Server Error
    nginx/1.18.0 (Ubuntu)
    On the release side we're finishing up some last remaining bits, once the build server is back online we plan to push out a new release. We are also working on a very nice surprise that might be included in the release or in a test build shortly afterwards!

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
    jonwise80 and MudShark22 like this.
  12.    #12  
    On the release side we're finishing up some last remaining bits, once the build server is back online we plan to push out a new release. We are also working on a very nice surprise that might be included in the release or in a test build shortly afterwards!
    Thank you for all your hard work!