Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  • 1 Post By Shuswap
  • 3 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    https://forums.webosnation.com/luneo...ml#post3454659i have used guide from this post to install LuneOS, all was fine , but when im trying to boot, it doesnt, just black screen
    Quote Originally Posted by rapitfly View Post
    https://forums.webosnation.com/luneo...ml#post3454659i have used guide from this post to install LuneOS, all was fine , but when im trying to boot, it doesnt, just black screen
    You need to have Android 7.1.2 ROM on your phone. The 8.x one won't work. Also TWRP can be tricky. Best results with the 3.1.1 it seems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    rapitfly likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You need to have Android 7.1.2 ROM on your phone. The 8.x one won't work. Also TWRP can be tricky. Best results with the 3.1.1 it seems.

I've used 7.1.2 stock rom
    But twrp was 3.2.3, ill try with 3.1.1, thanks
    Does the telephony stack or network work on latest LuneOS with this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by HepCat86 View Post
    Does the telephony stack or network work on latest LuneOS with this phone?
    Though it isn't mentioned explicitly in the release announcement, LuneOS telephony has been working for some time and I've not seen a mention of it not working on a particular model. The connection issues on older hardware are to do with the updated bluetooth, but wifi still works even on those models.
    HepCat86 likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Though it isn't mentioned explicitly in the release announcement, LuneOS telephony has been working for some time and I've not seen a mention of it not working on a particular model. The connection issues on older hardware are to do with the updated bluetooth, but wifi still works even on those models.
    Rapitfly's report back on the install experience over at XDA indicates that call functions did not work on the Mi A1: https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...mi-a1-t3873159
    I don't have that phone and was not commenting from experience, however:
    http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs...s.20181202.txt
    Dec 01 20:33:16 <Tofe> Did someone around here test telephony with tissot?
    Dec 01 20:33:43 <elvispre> I rang my pre from it and call went through.
    Dec 01 20:34:28 <elvispre> That was with release build, mind you. I don't know how to do it with no UI.
    Dec 01 20:37:19 <elvispre> The latest tissot build picks up time from the phone network OK, come to think of it.
    Dec 01 20:46:39 <Tofe> ok thanks Yes I meant with the release version
    Maybe I'm misreading this. A few times I've read that builds have problems until they are rebooted..?

Hopefully a member of the ports team can clarify.

What's RIL by the way? Something obvious no doubt!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/02/2018 at 07:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I don't have that phone and was not commenting from experience, however:
    http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs...s.20181202.txt

Maybe I'm misreading this. A few times I've read that builds have problems until they are rebooted..?

Hopefully a member of the ports team can clarify.

What's RIL by the way? Something obvious no doubt!
    RIL = Radio Interface Layer (at least, that's what Google tells me).

Anyways, I just tested LuneOS on the Mi A1. Telephony does work, although the graphical signal strength indicator shows nothing.

Or at least, I should say, one call went through. When I tried a second time, nothing would work.

The bigger issue is that the keyboard does not work, which really limits things.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    RIL = Radio Interface Layer (at least, that's what Google tells me).

Anyways, I just tested LuneOS on the Mi A1. Telephony does work, although the graphical signal strength indicator shows nothing.

Or at least, I should say, one call went through. When I tried a second time, nothing would work.

The bigger issue is that the keyboard does not work, which really limits things.
    The keyboard is hit & miss really. We haven't gotten to the bottom of that yet.

With regards to telephony we haven't tested this into detail except for a quick incoming or outgoing call here and there. Keeping in mind this is a dual sim phone and all our previous targets were single sim, expect some issues. oFono in the back end supports dual sim, however we don't have UI support for this yet.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    The dual SIM makes perfect sense of different outcomes. Thanks, Herrie.
    I think in the past, I've suggested having a formal testing routine that users could go through. Perhaps the user group could consult with the ports team to come up with something? It could be published & refined as the OS is developed. Not as good as proper QA testing, but it could help the devs & save them the effort of doing user testing themselves.
    Shuswap likes this.