Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 74 of 74
Like Tree40Likes
  1. #61  
    I just thought I'd post a link to this story: OSS baseband software. The article states that the project is no where near ready & many obstacles would remain if it were, but it may be of interest.
    https://www.osnews.com/story/28276/
  2. Spinn's Avatar
    Posts
    39 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #62  
    After this release we will therefore focus on migrating our Open webOS components to the updated components provided by webOS OSE.
    This is what I'm most excited about. I figured this would happen eventually once LG announced that they were open sourcing webOS (again). This should bring significant improvements to LuneOS.

    Once this is done, I'd love to see an architecture diagram showing how the LuneOS components fit in with the rest of the tech stack from webOS OSE and Halium.
    Palm III -> IBM WorkPad c3 -> Palm TX -> HP Touchpad
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    This is what I'm most excited about. I figured this would happen eventually once LG announced that they were open sourcing webOS (again). This should bring significant improvements to LuneOS.

    Once this is done, I'd love to see an architecture diagram showing how the LuneOS components fit in with the rest of the tech stack from webOS OSE and Halium.
    It brings challenges as well, but it also brings 5 years of development to various components and testing on millions of devices So yes, it's for sure helping, but also giving some headaches here and there due to architectural differences.
    In terms of Halium: Halium provides a minimal Android image (and kernel, though we build it with newer GCC toolchain in our own images) which can be used by libhybris to communicate with the hardware of the device. Similar to what is displayed here: https://halium.org/
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by webOS Ports View Post
    The very long wait is over #LuneOS and #webOS fans! We’re finally back with a new release called “Doppio” which we believe will be a milestone in terms of developments and the way forward!

    So you’re wondering what we’ve been up to for the past year?

    Well, actually a whole lot to be honest! We have upgraded the bluetooth stack from BlueZ4 to BlueZ5 which required quite some work to the kernels. This has been successfully completed for the Nexus 4 (Mako) and Nexus 5 (Hammerhead); unfortunately to date we haven’t been able to get this to work on the Touchpad (4G) (Tenderloin).

    Read more...
    Does this mean Bluetooth is not working on the WiFi-only TouchPad, or just the TouchPad 4G?

    Also what is the thinking regarding future support of the TouchPad on LuneOS? Is it still viable for now? Or is the writing on the wall that soon there will not be a modern kernel that can be used in conjunction with LuneOS?
  5. #65  
    Bluetooth doesn't work on any of the Touchpads unfortunately due to the required changes to the kernel. It's maybe not technically impossible, however it will require significant amount of work to get it working by the looks of it. Otherwise we're pretty good on a 3.4 kernel with latest technology stack. Though 3.4 is getting tougher to support. Luckily there are efforts to get things working from pmOS using a mainline kernel.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie
    It brings challenges as well, but it also brings 5 years of development to various components and testing on millions of devices So yes, it's for sure helping, but also giving some headaches here and there due to architectural differences.

    In terms of Halium: Halium provides a minimal Android image (and kernel, though we build it with newer GCC toolchain in our own images) which can be used by libhybris to communicate with the hardware of the device. Similar to what is displayed here: https://halium.org/
    Is the Halium build for Tissot as generic as originally intended? For example, could I use our boot and system images along with the rootfs for UBports to try it out?

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    Is the Halium build for Tissot as generic as originally intended? For example, could I use our boot and system images along with the rootfs for UBports to try it out?

    Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    It's generic. Though Mer/SFOS is closer to LuneOS v.s. UBPorts in terms of kernel config. In general we don't have anything really LuneOS specific.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  8. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It's generic. Though Mer/SFOS is closer to LuneOS v.s. UBPorts in terms of kernel config. In general we don't have anything really LuneOS specific.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    Well that's interesting. I may try some experiments. Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.
  9. #69  
    Lineage on Nintendo Switch https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...-extravaganza/
    I think that means LuneOS is possible... If anyone wanted to.

    Joycon -> plug in keyboard? A major hardware hack I guess, but if the connectors use a standard comms protocol, it mght be possible. Maybe a USB to Joycon slot adaptor?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/22/2019 at 08:28 PM.
  10. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #70  
    .... it's such a long wait ....
    MudShark22 and Preemptive like this.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    .... it's such a long wait ....
    Yes. Perhaps the rate of technical change is making stable releases difficult, but we're approaching an annual release cadence. Hopefully the integration of webOS OSE will mean things speed up after the next release.
    Shuswap likes this.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes. Perhaps the rate of technical change is making stable releases difficult, but we're approaching an annual release cadence. Hopefully the integration of webOS OSE will mean things speed up after the next release.
    We had some unexpected roadbumps, but we're going to push it out soon now.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  13. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We had some unexpected roadbumps, but we're going to push it out soon now.
    Good! I noticed last week that a lot of issues have been marked solved (progress!), but the issue tracker seems to be down right now ... or at least I can't connect to it.
  14. Shuswap's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    #74  
    Buried deep in the article linked below, you'll see that Lukasz over at Pine64 has good things to say about the progress of LuneOS:

    https://www.pine64.org/2019/10/05/oc...shipping-news/
    Preemptive and MudShark22 like this.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. New Palm 'Pepito' rumored for Verizon, late 2018 release
    By bradmeister1 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 08/26/2019, 02:14 PM
  2. pivotCE: The New Palm phone is revealed.
    By Preemptive in forum Upcoming & Rumored webOS Devices
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11/28/2018, 09:38 AM
  3. M$ releases 10" 'Surface Go' with a $399 MSRP
    By bradmeister1 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09/05/2018, 04:23 PM
  4. LuneOS on Maguro don't boot up
    By davodego in forum LuneOS
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08/15/2018, 10:47 PM
  5. Help installing luneos
    By Devbecca in forum LuneOS
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05/26/2018, 07:05 PM

Posting Permissions