Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
    I'm assuming, this is legacy only and couldn't be used on LuneOS without a rewrite (and modified kernel): Govnah - webOS Nation Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD_LuneOS View Post
    All this development will come to a halt very soon as it already began.
    I hope you can persevere and that the moderator can release your posts! It would be a real shame to loose anyone willing to share in developing the platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by HP_TOUCHPAD_LuneOS View Post
    I am replying with basic text about changing the frequency and still getting a message that a moderator needs to approve my posting.
    Everyone goes on auto-moderate for the first ten posts. This policy is obviously to avoid drive by spammers and trolls. The now relative obscurity of legacy webOS means that the moderator (I think we only have HelloNNNewman now) is often busy elsewhere. You seem half way to ten posts and I take it there are more in the pipeline, so it should get easier quite soon.
    It is unfortunate but if I recall correctly there were spam attacks within the last year or two even when the forum was pretty quiet like it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi everyone, new to this forum but long tinkerer of Touchpads (64 Gb, 4G, TPGo, Wifi, etc. I have them all)
    Wanted to try and install LunaOS on one of my Wifis but the download server looks down (for the tenderloin uImage dl)
    I'm stuck halfway in the process, any help?
    Thanks, Gep
    GOwifi, 64Gb, 16Gb wifi, 32Gb ATT, 32Gb wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by gepamal View Post
    Wanted to try and install LunaOS on one of my Wifis but the download server looks down (for the tenderloin uImage dl)
    Hi,

I was going to post here to report that I've not been able to connect to the logs for the last few days. I had a quick check of the image links and can confirm the previous post, though I can see the main pages of the Ports & Internals wikis and the instruction pages for installing LuneOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hi,

I was going to post here to report that I've not been able to connect to the logs for the last few days. I had a quick check of the image links and can confirm the previous post, though I can see the main pages of the Ports & Internals wikis and the instruction pages for installing LuneOS.
    Seems there are some issues with some of the servers or DNS. We're in contact with the admins to look into it. Just these days (holidays) aren't the easiest to get things solved. We expect things to be back soon again.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Seems there are some issues with some of the servers or DNS. We're in contact with the admins to look into it. Just these days (holidays) aren't the easiest to get things solved. We expect things to be back soon again.
    Thanks, will check after holidays.
    GOwifi, 64Gb, 16Gb wifi, 32Gb ATT, 32Gb wifi
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    We expect things to be back soon again.
    Thanks to the team for the fix.
    I'm sure this has been noted, but at the top of the main wiki page:
    Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /data/code/core/includes/MagicWordArray.php on line 197
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm sure this has been noted, but at the top of the main wiki page:
    Yup, also being worked on. Is due to newer PHP. It's merely a warning so not very high on priority list to sort, but it's on the list.

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tofe View Post
    Ok, it was, in the end, a ramdisk issue.
    Would you be able to go into a bit more detail into what the issue was?

I think I may running into this is a different Halium context with the Touchpad (sailfish).

LuneOS is working for me with the new files, but can't test if I would have had the issue with the old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by potissimus View Post
    Would you be able to go into a bit more detail into what the issue was?

I think I may running into this is a different Halium context with the Touchpad (sailfish).

LuneOS is working for me with the new files, but can't test if I would have had the issue with the old ones.
    This was the simple fix we applied: https://github.com/shr-distribution/...ee10b9f7c844b3
    potissimus likes this.
    Nexus 4, newest stable. I seem to be unable to add any account. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?
    Sorry if not posting in the correct thread.
    I've come into possession of a Nexus 7 2012 - with a SIM slot, so I guess this is an Asus Tilapia (not the earlier Grouper or Razor of 2013). It was running really badly until I reset it. It's not the fastest thing in the world, but hey, my other tablet is a TouchPad!

Officially, it's got Android 5.1.1. I was wondering what options I have. Happy to take Lineage suggestions, but as there was a LuneOS port to Grouper, I'm wondering if there are options there. Yes, there are lots of modern apps, but Android (at least the 5.1.1 version) is very clunky!
    Recently on XDA forum the Google Nexus 2013 (flo/deb) has been able to have system repartitioned to 1280MB (stock system 800MB) and cache 120MB (system may be as high as 1400MB if cache is 0MB ) and its running kernel 3.4 is it possible to run luneOS on it?
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1971
    Last edited by Firepower; 03/16/2019 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
    Recently on XDA forum the Google Nexus 2013 (flo/deb) has been able to have system repartitioned to 1280MB and cache 120MB (system may be as high as 1400MB if cache is 0MB ) and its running kernel 3.4 is it possible to run luneOS on it?
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1971
    From the logs: http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs...s.20190312.txt
    Mar 11 08:34:21 <Tofe> and it's true that 3.4 kernels are going to be EOL very soon, so, let's prepare the future
    I don't understand a fair chunk of what is posted there, but I take it to mean this kernel version is being deprecated. However, it appears that some older models including the TouchPad will continue to be supported, so it maybe that as long as a newer kernel is available for a device, then LuneOS will remain an option...?

It's not an answer I'm afraid. Hopefully a webOS Ports team member can clarify.
    3.4 is getting harder and harder to support with newer systemd versions, since systemd developers have on multiple occasions said they don't care about older kernels and people should update kernel (easier said then done). For now we can keep things going with patching bits in the kernel, bit this is likely to stop at some point.

For now anything with a 3.4 kernel and a handful of patches keeps working with at least systemd 237.

For the Google Nexus tablets: this should be possible even with 3.4 kernel. Also work has been done to get them to work with a mainline kernel. So that means the new 5.0 kernel or upcoming 5.1 kernel would support them (maybe with some minimal patches still). And once a device has been mainlined it can theoretically run into eternity. Similar work has been done for Hammerhead (still quite unstable though), Tenderloin and a device similar to Mako (one of the Asus tablets forgot which one). Lots of the mainlining has been done by the PostmarketOS guys but LuneOS can benefit from that work too.

Last week Tofe has been playing with Hammerhead using a close to mainline kernel. Just to see the state and setup some build infrastructure for it. It's quite unstable for now, but using mainline kernel would mean not requiring Halium, Android bits and libhybris anymore for these devices. Which means less layers that could cause problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast