1.    #1  
    Hoping someone can clarify a few things for me. I have been away from webOS for a while. I currently have LunaCE 4.9.10 on my HP touchpad. I just purchased a Nexus 4, and I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail with intentions of installing LuneOS on it for something to mess around with. In the past I was making modifications to a LunaCE build. I was attempting to skin it to look more like the Mochi preview HP showed off some time ago. Looks like at some point Choorp was doing the same as mentioned in this thread: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...s-theme-3.html . Looks like he also lost his work. So what happened to LunaCE? Was it renamed to LuneOS, or was it abandoned entirely and is LuneOS something entirely different? Is Mochi currently an add in for the Enyo framework to style apps, or did anyone ever skin a variant of webOS to look and or run like the preview HP showed off. Sorry for the questions, I would use the forum search, but it doesn't seem to be working.
    LunaCE is basically a UI super patch for webOS 3 on the TouchPad.

LuneOS is a port of Open webOS. After difficulties with drivers, the LunaSysManager was rewritten as LunaNext and uses the Lihybris project to take advantage of Android drivers to reach a wider range of hardware. LuneOS uses recent developments in software to update webOS as a modern system.

Eel Mochi development was not completed, though the graphical assets reside with Enyojs.com. LuneOS retains the original look of webOS as a new style is not a high priority, but the possibilty of Mochi being developed remains.

http://webos-ports.org
    Last edited by Preemptive; 10/17/2017 at 09:32 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. This is what I thought, but I couldn't really find a definitive answer. The forum search does not work, and the build instructions for LunaCE are gone. Do you happen to know where I could find the build instructions for LunaCE?

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    LunaCE is basically a UI super patch for webOS 3 on the TouchPad.

LuneOS is a port of Open webOS. After difficulties with drivers, the LunaSysManager was rewritten as LunaNext and uses the Lihybris project to take advantage of Android drivers to reach a wider range of hardware. LuneOS uses recent developments in software to update webOS as a modern system.

Eel Mochi development was not completed, though the graphical assets reside with Enyojs.com. LuneOS retains the original look of webOS as a new style is not a high priority, but the possibilty of Mochi being developed remains.

WebOS-Ports
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbeaven View Post
    Thanks for the response. This is what I thought, but I couldn't really find a definitive answer. The forum search does not work, and the build instructions for LunaCE are gone. Do you happen to know where I could find the build instructions for LunaCE?
    WebOS-Ports scroll down...
  5.    #5  
    Okay, I guess i didn't realize LunaCE is also referred to as WOCE? Is that correct? Thanks for the info. The issue I was running into is that the build instructions on the wiki page is blank http://webos-ports.org/wiki/WOCE_build_Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    WebOS-Ports scroll down...
    Last edited by mcbeaven; 10/17/2017 at 10:21 PM.
    webOS Community Edition
    Luna Community Edition

I'm no expert, so they may be slightly different projects, but I think the result (LunaCE) is the same.

(see also pivot Community Edition)
    WOCE Build Instructions - WebOS-Ports
    is not empty, I can read the instructions inside
    LunaCE is a part of webOS CE, just like Luna is a part of webOS.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.