Global Posts
    1 Global Posts
    Hello here,

I just bought a 2018 LG TV (WebOS 4.0), I previously had a LG 2017 (WebOS 3.5).

So I noticed some changes here and there, there's one that looks interesting to me, but that does not seem to work properly, that's in regards with the internal media player (via USB drive or DLNA) and audio tracks within a MKV.

Let's take an sample MKV file that has two audio tracks : 1- english 2- french, where the french track is tagged as the default audio for that MKV.

On my previous TV (WebOS 3.5), the player would always play track 1 by default, not taking into account the MKV tags, so the file would play in english, and I could switch it manually.

On my new TV (WebOS 4.0), the player seem to detect the default flag on the 2nd track, and changes the track order within the player so that french is track 1, and english track 2. It will still play track 1 as default which is now french. This is an improvement meaning that the default tag is now taken into account by the player (but strange choice to switch the track order).

Now, from the general options menu, I found a language section where I'm supposed to be able to select the "primary audio language" and "secondary audio language", the tooltip seem to indicate that this feature works for both DTV and media player.
    So I put english as "primary audio language", but sill, when I run the same MKV file, it will play the french track anyway.

My guess for now would be that, even though there is a language setting, the language tags from the MKV files are still not recognized, so the player would just always play the "default" track.

Please tell if some of you noticed this behavior too, and maybe better, found a solution to it

(obviously, I'd like to be able to use a default language from the TV setting to override the MKV default tag)

Cheers
    The same behavior: I just bought a 2018 LG TV (WebOS 4.0) 43UK6500
    It does not seem to work properly, that's in regards with the internal media player (via USB drive) and audio tracks within a MKV.
    Let's take an sample MKV file that has two audio tracks : 1- russian 2- english , where the russian track is tagged as the default audio for that MKV.
    On my new TV (WebOS 4.0), the player seem to detect the default flag on the 1st track. It will play track 1 as default which is Russian.
    Now, from the general options menu, I found a language section where I'm supposed to be able to select the "primary audio language" and "secondary audio language", the tooltip seem to indicate that this feature works for both DTV and media player.
    So I put english as "primary audio language", but sill, when I run the same MKV file, it will play the Russian track anyway.
    My guess for now would be that, even though there is a language setting, the language tags from the MKV files are still not recognized, so the player would just always play the "default" track.
    How to solve this?
    I'd like to be able to use a default language from the TV setting to override the MKV default tag