Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gabrix97
  • 1 Post By HelloNNNewman
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I recently bought the 4K TV LG UJ6300, 49 inch. The only problem that I noticed was that playing on my PS4, when some dark scenes play, the screens adjusts its brightness, making it really annoying to play games with fast and changing scenes. I turned off dinamyc contrast and color. I read on some forums that the problem is called "global dimming" and that you can turn it off by accessing a secret menu.
    How can I access it in Web Os 3.5 ? Or, is there another way to solve this issue ? Thank you
    This is a known quirk with LG sets and has been discussed on many forums. Here's one who seems to have found a solution by changing the input name used for the game console:

Anybody know how to turn off LG's Global Dimming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

See this one also (in the same thread):
    http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post33239185

Let us know if this works for you also!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is a known quirk with LG sets and has been discussed on many forums. Here's one who seems to have found a solution by changing the input name used for the game console:

Anybody know how to turn off LG's Global Dimming? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

See this one also (in the same thread):

Let us know if this works for you also!
    The first solution almost makes dimming unnoticiable, thank you so much !!!
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    It's a strange work-around and sucks that LG makes it this difficult to turn off that function (no idea what 'genius' decided to make it a mandatory/unchangeable setting). Thanks for posting and letting us know it worked!
  5.    #5  
    FFS, global dimming is back, so I must ask again, is there a way to access the service menu in Web Os 3.5 ?
    Well that sucks. The only way that I know of to access the service menu is by using a Universal remote that has an EPG button that allows the TV to display a login box to enter a code. I'm not going to dig into that here because you can seriously $@#% - up a TV in that mode. If you want to dig into it, I'd suggest this Italian forum (use Chrome to translate automatically) - they get into that menu for channel settings. **Note: that link is 3 years old.

Not sure if what you are looking for is in that, but good luck.
    Preemptive likes this.
  7.    #7  
    I managed to access the service menu with an Android phone that had an IR blaster, and using the app AnyMote.
    I turned the dimming and the global dimming adjustments to "off" and dimming stills occurs. It really sucks but I guess there is nothing else to do.
    Thank you for your help
    I bought this LG 4K 43inch TV couple of years ago...
    I'm using it with PC, my GPU is gtx 1070....

The only solution that worked for me after tinkering the ****** global dimming for years lol

TURN OFF ULTRA DEEP settings from LG menu... You'll still be able to use it at 4K resolution, but stupid flickering brightness issue will be gone.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/12/2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: edited language - posting around language filters