Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By NuclearKev
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 2 Post By kancept
  1.    #1  
    I recently got a Veer and I've finally been able to play with it. I must say: the little thing is pretty awesome! The slider mechanism is truly awesome. Makes me wonder why the Pre 3 didn't get a similar one. To my surprise, it runs really well, especially with UberKernel and overclocking. There are really only 2 complains I have right now. 1.) the SIM card slot is terrible (I had to use needle nose pliers to carefully get my SIM out) and 2.) the keyboard is pretty small, I prefer the wider Pre keyboards.

I'm not entirely sure if the Veer is as viable of an option for daily use as the Pre 3 is; which, at this point is getting less and less viable. I'll soon find out!

That concludes my 8 year late review of the Veer.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I had a Veer for a short while great pockability
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    I love the Veer concept, but it was meant to be companion phone to the TouchPad. Like a smartwatch but more. A Veer in your pocket, TPad in your hands, and BT headset tied to both was the future for HP webOS and they blew it.
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    NuclearKev likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJs11thPre View Post
    I love the Veer concept, but it was meant to be companion phone to the TouchPad. Like a smartwatch but more. A Veer in your pocket, TPad in your hands, and BT headset tied to both was the future for HP webOS and they blew it.
    Honestly would have probably took off if they would have kept it up. Not to mention all the other cool features that webOS started: synergy, cards, touchstone/actually useful inductive charging, etc. So much potential!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I still remember the first day while playing Robotek on the Touchpad and I had a notification to answer my incoming call on it while playing and my Veer was charing in the bedroom. Good times...
    ggendel and cbosdell like this.
    Veer was the single best phone I've ever had. Started with the massive Sprint springboard module for a Handspring. Graduated to a couple of Treos. Then a Pre. Then a Veer. Then Blackberrys. Q10 ws my second favorite phone. Now a succession of Android phablets (with work and family try to shove iPhones down my throat.) Trying to talk myself out of the new Palm because I know I'll be disappointed that it's not a Veer. I remember a meeting with the CEO of a decent size defense contractor. He saw me texting on the Veer and grabbed it. For the next 20 minutes he and a roomful of engineers passed it around. They all thought it was the coolest form factor. Veer and Touchpad combo held so much promise.