1.    #1  
    Hi guys,
    I hope anybody of you have an idea.....

I brought my old HP Veer back to life after haven't used it for some years. I had to idea to sell the phone ( I had switched already for a long time to BlackBerry) and made a reset. And now the Veer does not see any sim-card any more. It only says: Looking for sim - SOS calls only. I tried different sim-cards - but no change.

What can I do?

Thanks for help

Michael
    Well, i wonder if maybe doctoring would fix the issue
    1. What phone company are the SIM cards for? Is the phone, carrier locked?

2. Have the SIM cards worked in other phones?

3. Is there any physical damage to the SIM card pins or slot?

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I was thinking about the slot - they are fragile.

I think there was a thread where someone fixed / replaced the SIM holder in a Pre3...
    The thing is that the op hints that it started after the reset , with the old sim still inserted / not removed. "if" this is correct, it's not an hw issue but a software issue ( cannot work 1 minute before, and stop 1 later after pressing reset, unless is a software issue )
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    The thing is that the op hints that it started after the reset , with the old sim still inserted / not removed. "if" this is correct, it's not an hw issue but a software issue ( cannot work 1 minute before, and stop 1 later after pressing reset, unless is a software issue )
    It's not clear that the SIM wasn't removed. If this is a revived phone, then there is the possibility that the SIM has been 'cancelled' by the network or has been doing duty in another handset and was moved to the Veer either before or after the reset was performed.

The described symptoms don't seem to fit, but there is also the possibility of needing to bypass activation: https://pivotce.com/2015/06/24/tip-h...ss-activation/
  7.    #7  
    Hi guys,

sorry for my late reply....was too busy with other things.

I tried several sim-cards - but no success. In other phones the sim-cards work fine. Can it be, that due to the fact that PALM stopped everything, it stopped working, too. Normally you have enter a PALM-profile - but this is not possible any more coz PALM is dead.

All the best and thanks for your attention

Michael
    The lack of Palm servers or profile would definitely not cause your SIM card not to work.

If that were the cause of the problem, none of the remaining webOS devices would work.

-- Sent from my Palm Veer using Forums