1.    #1  
    My Veer died a while back and I finally got around to buying a replacement battery and swapping them out last week thinking it might be an easy fix but it's still seemingly dead. I've left it on a touchstone for several days without any signs of life and done the same with the Veer charger. Is this simple hardware failure due to age or does anyone have any ideas on what else I can try? The rest of my webOS devices have held up very well so I'd be surprised if the Veer was just dead.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Do you have any cheap multimeter to peek around ?
    And ... chances that the wireless charging coil is not properly connecting to the board circuit ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Do you have any cheap multimeter to peek around ?
    And ... chances that the wireless charging coil is not properly connecting to the board circuit ?
    I don't have a multimeter but can look into buying one if it could help. I had the same thought about the wireless charging coil but that wouldn't affect the veer charging cable would it?
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    961 Global Posts
    I presume you have a functional charger cable. Take out the battery, plug the charger cable into the Veer and into a PC. If the Veer is okay, you should get a battery with a question mark symbol, perhaps, just like the other WebOS phones.. If you don't see anything, then maybe the phone itself is dead or is somehow no longer getting juice, in which case neither a new battery or a touchstone can help.
  5.    #5  
    Took the Veer apart again and removed the battery, verified both cables were attached correctly and tested with no battery and again with the battery with no luck. I guess this Veer really is dead then. Thanks for the advice.