Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Yhippa
  • 1 Post By TJs11thPre
  • 1 Post By Grabber5.0
  • 1 Post By creepingmee
  1.    #1  
    Guys ,
    Need a big help .
    I bought this phone a few years back, used it for a few days but broke the SIM tray , which could not be repaired. With the changesI moved to IOS & Android , put my Veer in a shelf and totally forgot about it .

HP veer was my First Webos phone .
    I found it again today and was struck by the amazing design . I am trying to use it but accessing all the apps on the WIFI . I want to know where to start . It is still in v2.1.2 ... The HP profile is also blank .

Please refer and suggest as few links that I need to refer to get started and also upgrade this phone .

THANKS a TON.

Regards
    Allen
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Just picked one up off of eBay after seeing the YouTube video of someone porting a webOS-like experience. Also curious about this.
    PrePixiLove likes this.
    https://pivotce.com/2014/10/21/guide...n-2014-part-1/

...the links in the signature should be useful

If the phone is reset, you may need to bypass activation. If you wish to start from scratch, you can reinstall the operating system with a webOS doctor. It is still possible to get them from the old HP servers by modifying the Hosts file on your computer.
    https://pivotce.com/2015/06/15/tip-e...-palm-servers/
    Then you can use this list of versions
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    2016. People activating Veers. I love it!

Good luck noobs! Welcome to the forum!
    Sporting my 13th Pre device, a NOS unlocked ROW Pre3!
    Alibamboo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhippa View Post
    Just picked one up off of eBay after seeing the YouTube video of someone porting a webOS-like experience. Also curious about this.
    webOS-style Android. Gateway drug.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Nexus 4
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I went through the steps last night. I'm very surprised at how good the Veer is. It's smaller than I thought it would be! The feelings are really coming back from when I had my Sprint Palm Pre. I'm shocked at how well things are going so far but I know I'm going to run into hiccups sooner or later. Looking at Preware it looks like there aren't many recent apps (understandably so).

After I get this unlocked I'm going to try to see if I can get basic texting and phone calls working. If I can get Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail working I'll be set.
    If Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail are your goals then you'll have a bit of work to do. First Facebook can only be accessed via the browser, BUT not on a 2.1.x phone. You have to update it to 2.2.x before you can load the facebook page in the browser. Gmail works best when you update the SSL on the phone, and twitter is easy, get a hold of the current version of project macaw. It was just updated a day ago. Its available on github, you'll have to build it yourself.
    Have fun! Hope you get it to do everything you want it to do. It's a project in 2016 to use a webOS phone, but I think its rewarding.
    I believe the only version of webOS that Facebook doesn't work in the browser is 2.1.2 on the Veer. It works fine for me on a 2.1 Pre+ (once I trust all the certs, since the openssl update does not work on 2.1). Not that it's a great experience, but it works.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    If Facebook, Twitter, and Gmail are your goals then you'll have a bit of work to do. First Facebook can only be accessed via the browser, BUT not on a 2.1.x phone. You have to update it to 2.2.x before you can load the facebook page in the browser. Gmail works best when you update the SSL on the phone, and twitter is easy, get a hold of the current version of project macaw. It was just updated a day ago. Its available on github, you'll have to build it yourself.
    Have fun! Hope you get it to do everything you want it to do. It's a project in 2016 to use a webOS phone, but I think its rewarding.
    Is the preware feed for project macaw no longer updating? :-/

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Is the preware feed for project macaw no longer updating? :-/

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    The feed is updating. The problem is that webOS dosn't like the updated encryption on the Macaw site, but they're working it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums
    jlamb0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    The feed is updating. The problem is that webOS dosn't like the updated encryption on the Macaw site, but they're working it.

I hope so! Project Macaw is an awesome Twitter app to use, it even has emojis!(:

Here is a link to a recent build (1.6.6) of project macaw in case anyone wants to play with it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ryz8fatuh8...6_all.ipk?dl=0
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    I just set up a new veer:

1. Doctored it with WebOS 2.2.4

2. Bypassed activation

3. Installed Preware with WOSQI, the Internalz with Preware

4. Installed SSL-Updater with Internalz

5. Tried to install oauth2 with Internalz but it failed.

Currently I'm getting my mails from Google, but Contacts and Calender doesn't Word.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
    - still loving webOS -
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    You're going to need the Cal+Dav synergy plugin to sync Google contacts and calendars now, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jlamb0; 03/15/2017 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alibamboo View Post
    5. Tried to install oauth2 with Internalz but it failed.

Currently I'm getting my mails from Google, but Contacts and Calender doesn't Word.

Any ideas what I'm missing?
    What was the nature of the failure on 5?

As above, you probably need the cal+DAV stuff. A list of other useful items is here: http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...vice-pack.html
    Thanks a lot for all the replies.
    As recommend I installed cal+DAV an now the Contacts are working.

The Calender still doesn't work. I think because oauth2 wasn't installed correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    What was the nature of the failure on 5? ...
    That's what I got:

internalz_2017-16-03_081445.png

Any ideas how to fix it?
    - still loving webOS -
    Looks like a patch conflict. Was it the first installation attempt? Also, I thought SSL was in the Preware Alpha feeds. Why are you using Internalz? (I'm not saying it's wrong..)

I think Internalz is used to install 'raw' patches and Preware installs packaged stuff (IPK), but I can't really remember if there's any 'cross-compatibility. I think there used to be warnings about using a particular method for certain items...

You need someone more expert than me for a definitive answer. I remember once having a bad patch and having to undo it somehow (manually?) in order to reinstall it correctly. Check Grabber5.0's patching guide.

I think the Oauth2 stuff passed me by a bit & should probably be added to the service pack list. Got a link?
    hi! sorry, this probably is the wrong thread, but i cant find the right one. (or is there none?)
    ive been reading about preware alpha feed several times now, but the search gave me no results. whats about it? i think i superhard missed out on something there. when i click "update feeds" in preware, it gives me an error-message. i just found out, that my last update on the feeds was on april 2016... what can i do to repair this? i think im still usind old/bad feeds? can you help me? that would be nice!