Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    that phone looks truly amazing! Too bad its only gsm
  2.    #2  
    not a big fan of this though:
    910 mAh (non-removable); up to 5.0 hours of talk time or 300 hours of standby time.
    It's not for me, but it sure is a cool looking little phone.
    Size of a credit card. I'll have one yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Did they really say it's only going to be GSM?

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    Did they really say it's only going to be GSM?
    It looks like it based on the specs page:
    Palm USA | Palm Veer Phone | Features, Details
    I think the only downside is the battery size. It's the only spec that's a step down from the Pixi. Hopefully they did something to webOS for it to use less battery. According to Engadget, the battery is non-removable, so you won't be able to have spare batteries to last you a whole day.
    If the OS is using enyo with hardware acceleration, hopefully it will spend more time in idle state.
  9. c4r
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    If you're looking for a tiny phone with a pretty big punch...this looks really good!
    I'm back!!!!! Still hanging on to a diff phone... no names mentioned and I was very psyched to see what HP was going to put out.... Thank you deiter for the hard work... The veer looks pretty sweet... if there was no pre 3 id go for the veer... nice tiny phone... all my friends would be jealous at how easy it fits in my pocket!!! Saving up my money for when my contract ends i can re sign with sprint and get me one of these bad boys
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post
    i can re sign with sprint and get me one of these bad boys
    Hey TNT, Veer = GSM and Sprint = CDMA (mainly, right).
    IMHO it is a good phone for starters on the smartphone age.

If you like you can watch the Promo video Ad on youtube:

The Veer would be an excellent "going-out" phone. Awesome for situations where I'm going out with friends and don't need a huge screen or a lot of power, but still need to send the occasional text or tweet, etc.

Great for portability, obviously, as well. No need for a hip holster, etc.
    How about a veer in your pocket providing your wifi access for whatever other wifi devices you might want to carry. I could imagine that easily enough.
    Screen size is decent too... same as the pixi.
    Ugh. I'd love to have a Veer but the radio specs suggest that it will be a long wait before it shows up on Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Size of a credit card. I'll have one yes.
    I see people have still not learned their lesson from the Pre. The name alone should tell you everything you need to know. I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I see people have still not learned their lesson from the Pre. The name alone should tell you everything you need to know. I guess some people are gluttons for punishment.
    Good, solid, informative post. More like this, please.
    Glad they added a new form factor. Cool entry level device. I'd be afraid of the performance and battery life, especially on AT&T since it's GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Glad they added a new form factor. Cool entry level device. I'd be afraid of the performance and battery life, especially on AT&T since it's GSM.
    Firstly, vanilla GSM devices generally have excellent standby times - much better than CDMA, anyway.

Second, AT&T's 3G is essentially a flavor of CDMA (UMTS) ... and devices using that network tend to have similar standby times to devices on EvDO networks.

So I suppose my point is that a Verizon Veer and an AT&T Veer would have very similar standby battery life performance. Unless you turned off the 3G data on the AT&T Veer ... in which case it would last forever.

[EDIT: This came off snarky - I didn't mean for it to be. This info is correct as far as I'm aware, but if you have other data, please correct me!]
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast