Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By pepebuho
  1.    #1  
    Hi
    My old Touchpad died (I think), so I purchased a new, unopened one on ebay.
    I am trying to wake it up and isntall Luna and Android into it but I am running into problems.
    I am running fedora linux 34 on my desktop.

Current State: it is not turning on at all.
    But when I run dmesg on the desktop I seems to be recognized:

[233457.960289] usb 3-2: new high-speed USB device number 87 using xhci_hcd
    [233458.099322] usb 3-2: New USB device found, idVendor=0830, idProduct=8070, bcdDevice=10.00
    [233458.099339] usb 3-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
    [233458.099346] usb 3-2: Product: Palm
    [233458.099351] usb 3-2: Manufacturer: bootie

How did I get to this point?
    After getting it, I put it to charge. The led lights started alternating and it began to trickle charge.
    After charging for a little while, t did boot up and I tried to activate it and it did not work out. I turned it off and pushed the three buttons (power, volume up and home) to try to put it in usb mode (my mistake) and it did not turn on again.
    I trickle charge it from the USB port and when it started, I left it to charge to about 80% according to the visual battery icon. Again, I turned it off and this time tried to put it to USB mode using the right sequence (power+volume up). It did not enter usb mode (big usb icon).

What am I doing wrong? Should I tpdebrick it? I do not think so, but I am not sure what I am doing right now.
    Is there any guide I can trust? I have googled seen several but they seem dated (2012, 2015, etc), Are they reliable?

How now in 2021 can I make it work? To me it is the best tablet in the market nowadays. I love specially the wireless charging, no tablet currently in the market does it.

Thanks!

JP
    After charging for a little while, t did boot up and I tried to activate it and it did not work out. I turned it off and pushed the three buttons (power, volume up and home) to try to put it in usb mode (my mistake) and it did not turn on again.
    I've sometimes had the problem that my Touchpad didn't boot up and the normal approaches didn't restart it. Holding the power button and pressing the home-button 20-40 times in (somewhat rapid) succession started it up for me. So that's the first thing I would try. No guarantees though. But considering it's still charging and showing signs of life it might be worth to try.
  3.    #3  
    Hi, Excellent. It worked! Thanks!!