1.    #1  
    Hello...Hope this Forum is still active .................my HP Touchpad is as old as 2012. It is a wonderful device, you all will agree.
    I tried all the usual tricks like preware, etc. One day, it didn't start up and i lost interest.... some error message was there.
    So there it was lying all these years and suddenly i remembered about it, a couple of days back.
    After going through this forum...particularly helpful threads from Grabber5.0, fuddy78, GMMan, Preemptive , etc,
    I went through the webOS Doctor/ Activation by-pass, etc.
    Everything worked very smoothly...and my Touchpad is back on the Home-screen or the Card.
    But there is one problem.... the Touchscreen, doesn't seem to be working.
    In some areas it is responding, but not like it is supposed to do.
    It is an effort just to get rid of the Screen-lock... the card menus are not responding, once in a while, from some points... but not normally.
    Typing on the keypad is not possible... so no way of getting into the Developer mode...I guess?
    So... now how to proceed? Any other way to use this otherwise wonderful device?
    Plz remember, i could do the WebOS Doctor and the Activation-bypass well... Novacom, etc launched alright and the device could be revived.
    Only the Touchscreen issue has left me in a bind.
    Thanks in advance
    There are a few things that could be the issue.

1. The battery might have bulged and pressed the touchscreen, so inspect your Touchpad to make sure that's not the case.
    2. You might need to simply calibrate the touchpad, see https://forums.webosnation.com/hp-to...ml#post3405928 on how to do this.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Thank you Herrie!.... the battery seems alright, from what I can feel.
    But I will give the Startup Calibration, I try...
  4.    #4  
    Herrie .... how is it possible to get into Developer mode, when the touchscreen, isn't working...and nothing can be typed?
    I have the Devicetool.jar downloaded though. Is there any way of invoking the Developer Mode through a connected laptop?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blwetorch View Post
    Herrie .... how is it possible to get into Developer mode, when the touchscreen, isn't working...and nothing can be typed?
    I have the Devicetool.jar downloaded though. Is there any way of invoking the Developer Mode through a connected laptop?
    Thanks
    To be honest I never used DeviceTool.jar myself. I always used NovaDeviceInstaller (NDI) to flash in recent years instead of Doctor and in NDI you can switch on Developer Mode right away.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    To be honest I never used DeviceTool.jar myself. I always used NovaDeviceInstaller (NDI) to flash in recent years instead of Doctor and in NDI you can switch on Developer Mode right away.

Sent from my Titan using Tapatalk
    Thanks a lot! ...will try that.
    If possible plz help me with the NDI .... where to download it from ... and other basic guidance .... if any other thread is available with detailed guidelines...thanks
    Last edited by blwetorch; 10/18/2021 at 02:26 AM.
    About Ndi I can help too
    https://mega.nz/file/HZ8iCYQa#isl2Ru...PvojX02p8PkFc0
    you can download v97 from there.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    About Ndi I can help too
    https://mega.nz/file/HZ8iCYQa#isl2Ru...PvojX02p8PkFc0
    you can download v97 from there.
    Thank you very much!
    yw. there are more versions ( older ) in case that one isn't the best match (I've no clue what the differences are. Herrie should have that info)