Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mazzinia
  • 1 Post By incidentist
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have an old HP Touchpad I purchased in 2011, it's been sitting in storage at least 8 years. I've been trying to charge it the last couple of days with no luck.

From what I've read online it's designed to be charged using proprietary charging technology, so that means it needs to use the specific adaptor it came with. Which I can't find.

I decided to purchase a wireless charger (HP Touchstone) used, I was wondering what sort of AC adaptor I need to use. The wall charger that came with the touchpad was 2amps (I'm not sure what that means).

Do I need to buy a special charger to plug the touchstone into ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Touch...-/293812236508

Any advice appreciated.

Edit : I have an 18watt adaptor, it's not on the website anymore but I think it's similar to the link below.

https://forums.webosnation.com/e?lin...token=5y-cs2XK
    Last edited by previn83; 08/23/2021 at 07:55 AM.
    Hi,
    the HP Touchpad has its own charger. It looks like the phone chargers of the Pre3 or Pre+ but its bigger and has more Output-Power: 5.3 Volt / 2.0 Ampere (amps). Maybe it could be replaced by a universal charger with adjustable Output. Good luck!
    Hello, if it was in storage for so long, it's better if you use an 1A old phone charger and keep it plugged to the tablet for days ( aka until you see some signs of life ).
    The idea is that the "less" trickle in, the easier it will revitalize, sort of ( vs otherwise a shock of a river flowing in )
    jonwise80 and incidentist like this.
    I recently purchased a new in box TouchPad that was in the same boat. I ordered a new battery, which is surprisingly easy to find, and while waiting for delivery I cracked the little sucker open. Based on some other threads I read, I pulled the battery out, heated it up to about 120 F for a couple of hours, gave it a good massage all over, and stuck it back in ... it worked. The other threads were actually talking about heating up the whole device, which seems a little sketchy to me, but what the hell, if you accidentally leave it in your car it will easily get that hot and survive. Not recommending that, but it could be worth a shot.
    Last edited by Fred Zyphal; 09/04/2021 at 05:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    Hello, if it was in storage for so long, it's better if you use an 1A old phone charger and keep it plugged to the tablet for days ( aka until you see some signs of life ).
    The idea is that the "less" trickle in, the easier it will revitalize, sort of ( vs otherwise a shock of a river flowing in )
    My TouchPad was in a similar position a year ago, having not been turned on in a decade, and this is what worked for me. It turned on after a day or so.
    jonwise80 likes this.
    I want to say one day I went to play with mine after being off for a while, and I tried charging it with a USB cable that was just plugged into a usb charging hub. And it didn’t seem to work. I think the OEM charger is sadly important. Good luck!