Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By StoneRyno
  1.    #1  
    I haven't used mine in years. I assume it still works unless not charging it for all that time has ruined it. Would it be of any value to anyone? Or should I just take it to be recycled? Thanks.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Hello,

not charging for long may lead to having to "revive" the battery, but aside this it should be working. In any case it would be a pity to throw it away.. but you should mention where you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I haven't used mine in years.
    If you can get it started, why not play with it for awhile? There's plenty to do on a TouchPad in 2021...
    www.webosarchive.com/docs/thingstotry/
    Check out my webOS archival and development projects: http://www.jonandnic.com/webos | Like my apps? Why not buy me a coffee?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwise80 View Post
    If you can get it started, why not play with it for awhile? There's plenty to do on a TouchPad in 2021...
    www.webosarchive.com/docs/thingstotry/
    Honestly I hardly considered any reason to. I have a windows tablet which basically is a glorified web browsing tool. I don't use it for much otherwise. In fact the plan is to replace it at some point with probably a surface go or surface laptop go. The palm pre was the reason I got the touchpad android smartphones ended up replacing my pre. I held out hope that webos would become a third contender in the smartphone market but ultimately we all know how that turned out. A shame really as many felt it was the best mobile OS because of it's true multitasking. Even today I miss the fact that if the app isn't on my smartphones screen it isn't running. So switching to another task while a web page loads and other similar things don't happen on android. Annoys me at times as I at times think hey I could do this on my device whiles this thing is loading or what not. Anyway I live in the Detroit Michigan area and would rather see it go to someone who will enjoy having it than it sit in a closet or be disposed of.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    jonwise80 likes this.