1.    #1  
    Over the years, more and more sites have been showing an "Error: Unable to Load Page" message if I try to go to them on the Touchpad's stock browser. USAToday.com is a good example. (Does everyone else get the same error if you try to load USAToday.com on the stock browser?) I've just accepted that I can't use those sites and none of them were that important to me.

But the other day a site that I browse on my Touchpad more than any other suddenly started giving that error. I checked with the admins and they said sure enough they had just done a security upgrade. They said this included an upgrade to a stronger certificate.

This motivated me to finally get Qupzilla. And the site does work on Qupzilla. But Qupzilla is very slow and it's frustrating for browsing this particular site. I really want to be able to browse the site on the stock browser. And I also figured this is a chance to see if I can get any of the other sites to work again on the stock browser.

There may be a clue to the problem in that when I first loaded this site on Qupzilla, I got a message related to the SSL and was forced to manually accept the SSL before the site would load. So I wonder if the reason the site isn't loading on the stock browser is because some SSL issue pops up and it has no mechanism to allow me to bypass it so it just errors out.

I have seen a couple threads that seem somewhat related to this "Error: Unable to Load Page" issue in the stock browser. But I haven't really seen a very focused discussion on whether there is any way to allow these sites that provoke this error to work again.

So is there a patch, a setting, any workaround that can eliminate this error and make these sites browsable again on the stock browser? Does anyone know anything the admins of these sites can easily tweak on their end that would allow sites like this to work if they are willing to do it? Or are we just doomed to lose access to more and more sites on the stock browser over time and see more and more of these error messages?
    Yes, this is being actively investigated. Here's the main thread:
    https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...1-problem.html
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for pointing me to that thread. I will follow the discussion there with interest. It would be amazing if someone could create a patch or something that would allow the stock browser to handle these new SSL issues so we can continue browsing these sites. Qupzilla is nice to have so we can still browser them that way if we have to, but unfortunately it's just so slow with certain things like scrolling that it makes it frustrating on some sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadTim View Post
    Qupzilla is nice to have so we can still browser them that way if we have to, but unfortunately it's just so slow with certain things like scrolling that it makes it frustrating on some sites.
    Have you tried the QT Browser? Its still slow, but I find that it feels a little snappier.
  5.    #5  
    I haven't tried QT Browser so maybe I'll give it a shot and see how that feels.

Is that other thread you linked me to still active where there was discussion of the browser not working with the newer security protocols? It looks like there haven't been any posts in a couple weeks. Are people working on the issue in the background or has the topic just come to a standstill?