Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fred Zyphal
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I was poking around with WOSQI this morning, and I noticed in Device Management, I can check the box for HP App Catalogue and the uninstall button looks like I can click it...
    Since the App Catalogue is long defunct, has anyone tried to uninstall it? Does it mess with anything else?
    You could just add visible: false in the appinfo.json and the icon will be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    You could just add visible: false in the appinfo.json and the icon will be gone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Ha! Maybe I'll try that instead just to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    has anyone tried to uninstall it
    I did .. shortly after "The Event" when the servers went down, I decided to remove the empty app. catalog from my Pre 2 ... this pissed off Bing maps to no end. Apparently Bing maps likes to check with the app. catalog for updates, even though the app. catalog has no server to get updates from. I suppose it simply gets a message that there are no updates available.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    I did .. shortly after "The Event" when the servers went down, I decided to remove the empty app. catalog from my Pre 2 ... this pissed off Bing maps to no end. Apparently Bing maps likes to check with the app. catalog for updates, even though the app. catalog has no server to get updates from. I suppose it simply gets a message that there are no updates available.
    Good to know. That's the kind of thing I was afraid of. Today I made the edit suggested above to hide the app from the launcher, and I'm pretty happy with that solution!
    I feel like the catalog icon comes back eventually on its own. I hid it a while ago too and I can see it...not sure why.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    I feel like the catalog icon comes back eventually on its own. I hid it a while ago too and I can see it...not sure why.
    I'll watch for it.