Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jlamb0
  • 2 Post By owkenobi2
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I picked up a Touchpad on a second chance eBay offer. $35 shipped was too good to pass up. But I'm having trouble downloading things in preware. I get the following error:
    "curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK Details:"

I've enabled alpha testing feeds and installed the SSL Updater, but the problem persists.

I tried to install from WOSQI, and that seems to be failing too. Is it a problem on the server end? Please tell me it's not just me...

I'll be pretty bummed if I finally jumped on the Touchpad wagon only to have nothing to install on it.

Unrelated (probably) but I had the .ipk for the Kindle app on my computer and I figured at the very least I could use it to read on, but the app refuses to register with my account, saying that there is a network error and to try again when I have a network connection. I'm definitely connected to my home wifi, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Is the Kindle app for webOS dead?

What are people running on their Touchpads these days?
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Check out webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog to download ipk's, and https://forums.webosnation.com/canuc...-v4-6-0-a.html for the 'current' WOSQI. Have you enabled Dev mode?

Also the tips section here is fantastic!

I tried the Kindle app a couple of weeks ago and also couldn't register it. I recall a couple of months ago someone else posting that it had stopped, so maybe Amazon finally pulled the plug. I don't use mine much now, just reading and clock/alarm now. You could stick Android on it . . .
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeN68 View Post
    Check out webOS & LuneOS Apps on Preware Catalog to download ipk's, and https://forums.webosnation.com/canuc...-v4-6-0-a.html for the 'current' WOSQI. Have you enabled Dev mode?

Also the tips section here is fantastic!

I tried the Kindle app a couple of weeks ago and also couldn't register it. I recall a couple of months ago someone else posting that it had stopped, so maybe Amazon finally pulled the plug. I don't use mine much now, just reading and clock/alarm now. You could stick Android on it . . .
    I have the latest WOSQI, and I have Dev Mode enabled. I tried the link you posted to directly download the ipk files, but I wasn't able to download RootCertsUpdate or GlobalSign Root Certs Updater. I *was* able to download Internalz Pro, SysToolsMgr, and filemgr, which failed for me last night. I think I really need the root certs updated, even with the SSL update, because I'm getting constant popups to accept certificates when I browse the web...
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    I think I really need the root certs updated, even with the SSL update, because I'm getting constant popups to accept certificates when I browse the web...
    Yes, the SSL update needs current root certificates to verify against. There is a link to the package in the service pack thread, linked in the signature of this post.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Yes, the SSL update needs current root certificates to verify against. There is a link to the package in the service pack thread, linked in the signature of this post.
    Thanks Preemptive! You really do provide an invaluable service to the community here!

I'll test the ipk for the root certs updater later today.
    Preemptive likes this.
    The kindle app here is working (sync etc), but I registered the account a lot of time ago.
    Which version did you try ? 0.12.50 ?
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hey, I applied the ipk for the root certs update, but that didn't solve my problem with preware, and I'm still getting certificate trust popups in the browser. What have I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    The kindle app here is working (sync etc), but I registered the account a lot of time ago.
    Which version did you try ? 0.12.50 ?
    Yes, I've got 0.12.50 of the Kindle app. I noticed online someone saying their Kindle app stopped working after updating to webOS 3.0.5. My touchpad is on 3.0.5. Is yours?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    yes, I'm on 3.0.5 , but I think that practically the 90% are on that version ( vs 3.0.4 )
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    yes, I'm on 3.0.5 , but I think that practically the 90% are on that version ( vs 3.0.4 )
    I guess it really must be the fact that you were already registered. Bummer for if you ever have to doctor!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I suppose, but it would be nice if more people ( that don't have it installed ) try, just to see if it's a repeated issue.

This said, last time when our client had issues syncing and getting deliveries due to a change on amazon side, I managed to get it to work again after a long convo with the customer service and one team manager.
    With this I mean that amazon actually cares even if we are a niche... contacting them is worth your time... if the registration is having troubles, it may as well be that they would fix it if you press them to do it.

One leverage that can be used is the fact that THERE WAS a nonbeta final 1.0 client that vanished without being released thanks to HP. Amazon is not having it , or if having, I didn't manage to find the right person... but it was a good leverage to get their infrastructure working again with the beta we have. (the reasoning was that "maybe" with the final, there would have been no issues caused by the changes.. thus I tried to get it. when they were unable to provide that, they fixed their backend to get rid of me, I guess :P )
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Yeah, same version but I recently 'had' to doctor so started again with everything. My swipe up didn't work at all. It just stopped and doctoring fixed it.
    Anyway, Kindle just does not register anymore and complains it cannot connect to the network even with a decent connection and other apps connected. Oh well, progress is a bi**h . . . . :-(
    Kindle note: Just to test I installed the Kindle beta app (.12.5.0) and was able to register it. You'll get a prompt about incorrect password, check your amazon account email address for a special second password that you then enter in teh password field and it will register correctly.
    Preemptive and MikeN68 like this.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Interesting! I'll try again.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Holy cow, it just worked! After doctoring a couple times and finally squaring away my certificate issues, it worked just as you described. Amazon rejected me at first, and then sent an email with a temporary password for me to use.

Very cool!