Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By kataran
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 1 Post By mazzinia
  • 1 Post By Preemptive
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

I'm getting more and more problems with my TouchPad that I'm using several years now. And each of the problems can only be solved by a device restart (Luna restart isn't enough). So I have to reboot once or twice a day.

Here are the problems I suffered the last weeks:

• App RSS Basic Free not loading
    • App RSS Basic Free: While reading I can't mark news as read. After that I can't select another feed
    • App BibleZ HD Pro: No bible module is loading
    • Mail app not loading because of error "Too many cards" (may happen when nothing is done some hours after a fresh reboot)

I'm not using many different apps but I would expect the list growing much bigger ...

I guess a webOS Doctor would fix the problems but it would take several days to bring my device back into the actual condition.

Is there a tool maybe to find out what is going wrong?

Best Regards,

Stefan
    Unfortunately webOS is not supposed anymore per say.

I’m also still using my TP and come across the same issues from time to time
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Nafetz likes this.
    How full are the various partitions ? ( var by example )
    Nafetz likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    How full are the various partitions ? ( var by example )
    I'm not sure if I have the correct value. My device has webOS and CyanogenMod istalled.
    When using webOS the device information is telling me that there are 3,4 GB available. When plugging into my PC I see 3,35 GB free space for my USB device
    no, that's the space you put your pics, apps, music etc.

terminal under webos ( wterm or xterm ), then df
    you'll see various partitions with the space used as % . Look for /var or copy here a screenshot with all of them ( if /var goes over 95% , all hell comes loose... )

You can alternatively open a shell from webos quick install
    Nafetz likes this.
    Guide: Cleaning out the /var partition when full | pivotCE

I also have a TP with a CM partition and am not seeing these problems. If you cannot find simple fixes, perhaps you should consider a visit to the doctor. You could make a back up to prepare while you try other fixes, but if you cannot solve it, then the time taken to restore it may be worth it if you are having to restart every day.
    Nafetz likes this.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    if /var goes over 95% , all hell comes loose...
    Ok, mine was at 100 %.

Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Guide: Cleaning out the /var partition when full | pivotCE

I also have a TP with a CM partition and am not seeing these problems. If you cannot find simple fixes, perhaps you should consider a visit to the doctor. You could make a back up to prepare while you try other fixes, but if you cannot solve it, then the time taken to restore it may be worth it if you are having to restart every day.
    I deleted the files suggested in the article. Now I'm at 68 %. Should not take long to find out if things are getting better now
    I already bought and partially setup a cheap Touchpad from ebay that couldn't be started by the former owner. Just in case I have to doctor my old one.

Thank you very much!
    68% should fix it
    It's lucky that it didn't try to wipe itself once at 100%... the main risk is a self wipe with loss of installed apps data etc