1.    #1  
    I have two dead TP's that give me the cookie error when trying to connect to QPST. Doing some more digging I discovered this page on XDA https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...2&postcount=89 and wondered if this would even be possible on the Touchpad. I know it was written for the Samsung, however the writer indicated it may work for other devices and I have already found some of the files needed for the TP and poked at the scripts to modify the partition info but before I dig any deeper into this I wanted to hear from people smarter than me if this is an avenue worth visiting. I can't hurt these TPs any worse than they already are at this point but if it can wake them up it is two less going to the recyclers and I can pass one onto the kids so they stop stealing mine!
    Last edited by joeytino; 12/28/2017 at 02:05 AM. Reason: apostrophe in post title
    What do you get when you connect to USB? Are you able to get into "QDLoader 9008"-mode somehow? I was able to recover my bricked Redmi Note 4 after I hardbricked it with LuneOS port experiment (forgot to update the partition numbers and was overwriting the aboot (recovery) partition).

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Have you already tried the tpdebrick tool?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    What do you get when you connect to USB? Are you able to get into "QDLoader 9008"-mode somehow? I was able to recover my bricked Redmi Note 4 after I hardbricked it with LuneOS port experiment (forgot to update the partition numbers and was overwriting the aboot (recovery) partition).

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

Yes I am in QDLoader 9008 mode, so if I can get brixfix configured properly, It MIGHT work?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by George Mari View Post
    Have you already tried the tpdebrick tool?
    Yes. It was the first thing I tried after doctoring failed,
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    Yes I am in QDLoader 9008 mode, so if I can get brixfix configured properly, It MIGHT work?
    It will work. I still use brixfix to recover TP Go's and have successfully used it to recover a Touchpad on the rare occasion where tpdebrick doesn't bring it back to life.Make sure you have copies of all the necessary partitions before you embark on a brixfix recovery.JC Sullins was/is a genius. I wish he would send me the half built touchpad GO with CM 9 running on it I sent him and gave him some $$ to finish. He can keep the $$ as far as I m concerned. I think with the group here these days we could successfully finish getting that build running on it. Only had touchscreen and radio issues to fix from what I recall. Now its probably buried under a stack of everything or he's got it in storage.JC you hear us calling again????????? Please .........
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    TTB - i have one of those gingerbread GOs but cannot get past signin, do you know how to bypass and get to android home screen?

- TOB

Sent from my OnePlus One
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    TTB - i have one of those gingerbread GOs but cannot get past signin, do you know how to bypass and get to android home screen?- TOB
    Only if you can manage to root it. I didn't have any luck when I tried, but that was long ago when I knew far less. I parted out the device. hmmmm, wow, wonder if I got the main board in storage ...... Sorry, I can't help you yet, but be good to hear if you have any luck either getting past the logon or rooting to do it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    TTB - i have one of those gingerbread GOs but cannot get past signin, do you know how to bypass and get to android home screen?
    Hey just had an idea,The source code for that gingerbread build for the topaz that ran on both tenderloin and shortloin is out on github. I just ran across it again a few weeks back.The source files for an Opal configuration can be found in there somewhere. Maybe you can find something there that will help you. I don't have the link handy but its not hard to find it either here or on xda..If I run across it i'll edit and add it here.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 02/20/2018 at 12:18 AM.
    Thnx!

Sent from my OnePlus One
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  11.    #11  
    TTB:

Could you share the modified scripts you used? I have changed the partition names but I am sure I am missing something important.
    Quote Originally Posted by joeytino View Post
    TTB:Could you share the modified scripts you used? I have changed the partition names but I am sure I am missing something important.
    If you followed the instructions, you should only have rewritten the beginning of the disk and the remaining data is still intact. If you need to restore more, I am guessing you've been trying a lot more than brixfix. For example if you wiped the entire storage using tpdebrick to start fresh, then non of your partitions are there., but if you were fortunate enough to ONLY destroy the beginning of the #1 partition with brixfix to get in to the device then you can put a bare minimum of work into setting that one partition up and you should be able to get into the device using tpdebrick again.As for your question, my guess is you're probably having trouble due to the partition sizes, not the names. The only way I was able to make it work was to use the default scripts then once i was in, I used dd to overwrite the entire storage with the contents I backed up earlier. Making the backup was tough, I can't remember how I was able to get an entire image successfully but that was my lucky story.Sans a whole image to dump on there you'd need to get 3 of the partitions sized and restored, you can then switch to tpdebrick to finish the rest. I'll need to look which 3 partitions are needed , one is the msdos partition boot, the others are 8 and 11 i think, but not sure. Could need #4 as well.If you only used brixfix, you will be able to set up the partitions and only need to restore 0 and 1, but I am thinking you might have been toying with the device more than only attempting brixfix and the other partitions may not be intact.Edit: Just remembered I was using a linux box to create my backups and for most of the recovery processes. I got lucky with the backup though.
    Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 02/22/2018 at 09:24 PM. Reason: remembered how I got in so easily
  13.    #13  
    TTB:

Honestly I don't know all of the history on these as they were given to me already dead and TPdebrick did not work. I know one was a failed Android install. I have not run either brixfix or basefix yet as I did not want to make things worse before I knew what I was doing. The only thing I did try outside of tpdebrick was QPST so I will give your suggestions a shot and see what happens. I have a Linux laptop for all of my TP fun so that is not a problem. I remember a posting on here some time ago that a Touchpad owner somehow had his bootie set to debug and mass storage mode was enabled, allowing backing up the entire device. It would be nice to get a hold of that version or find the switch to flip to enable it. Thanks for the help.