Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes
  1.    #101  
    Thanks for testing.

Not sure about crashes, it seems they may happen when ram becames full, I haven't seen crashes yet.
    Bookmarks and history are indeed not preserved during reintstallation. Storing profile data in /media/internal would cause usb msm mode not working while qupzilla is open. But imho keeping history is more important, so I'll try to add this in one of the next releases.
    Upstream has rebranded qupzilla into falkon, so on this upgrade profile data should be tranferred into new location manually. I think it makes sense to implement preservation of profile data after rebraning release.
    For now if someone wants to save theirs data, it can be done by copying profile directory. It's /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/bin/profiles in 2.1.2-2 version and /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.nizovn.qupzilla/runtime/qt5/libexec/profiles in earlier versions.
    gazaud likes this.
    Yw,

to be honest, the crashes all happened until I rebooted, so it may simply be that one of the separate packages that get installed ( 5 if I remember right ) works in a stable way only after a full restart, maybe due to doing an upgrade from a previous version of qupzilla ( maybe doesn't happen on a device starting with no qupzilla on it ).
    gazaud likes this.
    I'm having trouble: I can't seem to get the new version. I tried last month, but eventually gave up and reinstalled the old version. The version I have says v2.1.2, but I guess that's 'Qupzilla' rather than Qupzilla for webOS.

Should the feed be compressed or not? I've tried both without success.
    it should say qupzilla web browser 2.1.2-2

but I think I'm having an issue, too... if I read correctly the file of the irc meeting, there should be a newer version since today on the feed. But I don't see it
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm having trouble: I can't seem to get the new version. I tried last month, but eventually gave up and reinstalled the old version. The version I have says v2.1.2, but I guess that's 'Qupzilla' rather than Qupzilla for webOS.
    Should the feed be compressed or not? I've tried both without success.
    Yes, if you have old single-package version, it's v2.1.2 in qupzilla's application information. The 'true' package version counting webOS related changes should be listed in software manager.
    Not sure about feed problems, I checked it again and it works for me. You can try to double check feed's url, it should be "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nizovn/preware_feed/master/ipkgs", which is not a valid url, but preware will add "/Packages" to it automatically when downloading feed data. Both compressed and uncompressed feeds should work.

Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    it should say qupzilla web browser 2.1.2-2
    but I think I'm having an issue, too... if I read correctly the file of the irc meeting, there should be a newer version since today on the feed. But I don't see it
    Maybe preware didn't update the feed somehow, you can try to disable feed, restart preware and enable feed.
    Note that qupzilla won't be listed on pre3 as it's not supported. Also I want to note that this feed exists only for testing purposes, and you will need to disable it after/if qupzilla goes into pivotCE feed to avoid conflict.
    I guess I forgot to mention that it was on the Go that the update is not showing up.

Edit :
    disabled
    reloaded
    enabled
    reloaded

no changes, last software update in general is qupzilla 2.1.2-2 + qt5 , marked last month and installed
  7.    #107  
    I guess I forgot to mention that it was on the Go that the update is not showing up.
    OK, I've added Touchpad Go to compatible devices.
    no changes ( by the way, I had no issues getting the older update on this feed from the Go, a month ago after the meeting )
    To play safe I've tried also disabling/re-enabling
  9.    #109  
    Yes, I added device compatibility check in this update. You can try to set "ignore device compat." in preware preferences then.
    done, but is it normal that I get :
    4 packages update
    bundle of CA root certificates
    qt5 framework libraries
    qupzilla web browser
    webos qt5 qpa plugins

but the only one that shows "update" is qupzilla ?
    The other 3 don't have the update button inside, but just remove
    Ah, another thing.
    I see Touchpad, Opal , but I wonder ( since without turning off the compatibility it didn't show up at all ) ....
    hardwaretype here shows opal all lowercase ( not Opal ) , while platform shows Nova.
    If the check is case sensitive...
  12.    #112  
    The other 3 don't have the update button inside, but just remove
    Thanks, it should be fixed now, if I'm right.

hardwaretype here shows opal all lowercase ( not Opal ) , while platform shows Nova.
    If the check is case sensitive...
    Yes, maybe it's the problem. You can check the actual device name in Help app when clicking on yellow triangle image after trying to load tips. Then I'll add the correct string.
    Well.. seems that at least "this" doctor has it named "Touchpad Go" ( from the help app )

( device: d100-01 )
    ( device name: Touchpad Go )
    ( device model: HSTNH-I32C )

about the rest, seems an upload on the local network is causing Preware to go at a snail speed... so I cannot check it yet
    Ok, the rest installs without issues, aside that weirdly Preware thinks that 2.1.2-2 is still the one installed and offers to upgrade it again

Qupzilla, launched, shows 2.2.6 in the help, instead.
    Preware is also misbehaving, like if something is corrupt, on its subsequent restart. Problem got solved with a device restart.

Now back on qupzilla... feels a lot more quick, at least to me. But I have to launch it 2 times, to actually have it launched. (first tap seems doing nothing, second tap results in launching)

discord works like a charm
    Last edited by mazzinia; 05/29/2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Bug - issue :
    Adding a bookmark opens the popup, and the keyboard is active. But the text cannot be edited ( the keyboard cannot be closed while the popup is open, and after takes quite a bit of time before complying )

web.skype.com still defaults to dunno, arabic maybe. The locale is missing so only squares are shown ( and part of the input is from right to left )

Video playback is maybe buffering a bit more ( buffering is every n seconds constant )
    Last edited by mazzinia; 05/29/2018 at 04:08 PM.
  16.    #116  
    Thanks, I will look into these issues later. However, the skype issue looks more like MS issue, not qupzilla. As a workaround you can go into www.skype.com and click "Sign in"->"Use Skype online" in right top edge, it loads English login version for me.
    BTW, packages should be showing as compatible on your Go now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN_ru View Post
    "Use Skype online"
    Skype? I thought Skype was a thing of the past for us, is it working through Qupzilla?
    You are right, I can login normally from there... I didn't think to try the long route, my bad.

and @fred , yes, skype ( web version ) works like a charm... only thing not working is an audio call since the web client complains about not finding a microphone
    Embedded video and Youtube video are still very jerky on Touchpad. Thanks a lot for the update.
  20.    #120  
    New version 2.2.6-1 is available in preware feed. First post updated.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast