Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of a video player for Touchpad that can play basic video files like MP4's, AVI's, etc. and has an option to change the playback speed so you can play it at 1X, 1.5X, 2X, for example? I have the native video player and KalemSoft and neither one offers a playback speed option. They only play videos at 1X speed.

If you know of such a player, can you also possibly let me know where to download it and how to install it if there is anything difficult about that.

Thank you.
    You may be able to play around with 'Touchplayer'?

Please see download link @ Post #440: TouchPlayer

Install will be easy via WOSQI - has a couple of dependencies, to be installed first if I recall correctly.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I installed TouchPlayer only to realize I already did have it and had tried it and not seen a playback speed option. Is there one in Touchplayer that I'm missing? Or is that something that requires some kind of more advanced modifications to it?
    No worries.
    No.. you are not missing anything regarding playback speeds already integrated into 'Touchplayer'. My thoughts were that the Developer has essentially 'given it away' now and that anyone would be free to play with/modify it accordingly?

PS. Perhaps, if you are really keen, it would be possible to ask the 'Lunetube' Developer to build in a playback speed option to that App?
    Lunetube for LuneOS. Youtube client APP

Last edited by Mutoidi; 03/22/2017 at 08:30 PM.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
  5.    #5  
    Unfortunately I'm not knowledgeable enough to do something like modify a video player to give it a playback speed option.

Lunetube looks like a player for YouTube videos. I'm looking for one that plays video files like mp4, avi, etc. that are already downloaded. So I'm not sure Lunetube is the right program even if they did add a playback speed option.

So is there really no video player that exists out there for Touchpad that does playback speed?
    OK.. understood!

Maybe I should re-phrase that: 'Perhaps, if you are really keen, it would be possible to ask the 'Lunetube' Developer to build in playback speed options to a/his Player?'

I recall that 'Touchplayer' was the only one I needed at the time to watch downloaded Youtube files etc on the Touchpad.. so never even researched for any others.

So are you just a 'speed-freak', or do you have a special need to watch at x2 speeds - if you don't mind me asking?

Note that webOS hardware was cancelled in 2011 & the code was open sourced in 2012. Here is a message from that year: Play video at different speed? - kalemsoft.com
    The last webOS post in there was in 2013. It seems the last program update was 2015, but I see no mention of the feature. http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/docs/ksmptpcl.txt
    This started as me idly looking at Kalemsoft to see if it had faster playback and it seems not. But the feature was intended! It's still available as a paid app! Maybe if you asked nicely it wouldn't be too difficult to add?
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/produc...KSMPlayer.html
    Last edited by Preemptive; 03/23/2017 at 09:42 PM.
    Mutoidi likes this.
    you can play videos from filesystem in lunetube. Check out the source code.
    https://github.com/MAMISHO/lune-tube
    Preemptive likes this.
    How?
    Quote Originally Posted by MAMISHO View Post
    Cool.. but can you control playback speeds too?

Only playback controls by default. But I going to implement some configurations to get optional way to show all playback controls. But now I am working in support background mode in webOS.
    Mutoidi and Preemptive like this.
    you might send params to LuneTube.
    Mutoidi likes this.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    So are you just a 'speed-freak', or do you have a special need to watch at x2 speeds - if you don't mind me asking?
    It just saves a lot of time if I am watching a video with information that is 10 minutes long and I can digest it in 5. Over time it really adds up. I don't watch all videos faster but ones that I can get all the information just as well faster I try to save time.
    Mutoidi likes this.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    This started as me idly looking at Kalemsoft to see if it had faster playback and it seems not. But the feature was intended! It's still available as a paid app! Maybe if you asked nicely it wouldn't be too difficult to add?
    http://www.kalemsoft.com/site/produc...KSMPlayer.html
    I bought KalemSoft as a paid app a year or two ago. It's my favorite player. But no playback speed setting like you said. That's why I started this thread. I guess I could ask them but I can't imagine they'd be interested in investing time and energy in creating an update for WebOS which they pretty much see as dead.
  15.    #15  
    If this is true then maybe an update to playback speed options on LuneTube would be a good solution here if the developer was willing.
  16.    #16  
    Only playback controls by default. But I going to implement some configurations to get optional way to show all playback controls. But now I am working in support background mode in webOS.
    You are the LuneTube developer yes? Does this mean that there will be a way to show all playback controls including playback speed soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadTim View Post
    I bought KalemSoft as a paid app a year or two ago. It's my favorite player. But no playback speed setting like you said. That's why I started this thread. I guess I could ask them but I can't imagine they'd be interested in investing time and energy in creating an update for WebOS which they pretty much see as dead.
    If you don't ask, you definitely won't get.

As you are a customer, they may do it, but it will probably depend on the amount of effort to implement.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If you don't ask, you definitely won't get.

As you are a customer, they may do it, but it will probably depend on the amount of effort to implement.
    OK I sent a support request asking them about it. I doubt they will do it though. They haven't updated their player for WebOS in years. I would guess they see the platform as dead.
    Preemptive likes this.
  19.    #19  
    I haven't heard anything back from KalemSoft. I'd still love to find another option. And if the LuneTube developer has any plans for implementing this feature (changing video playback speed) it would be really nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TouchpadTim View Post
    I haven't heard anything back from KalemSoft. I'd still love to find another option. And if the LuneTube developer has any plans for implementing this feature (changing video playback speed) it would be really nice too.
    Right.. well as implied earlier, I still think MAMISHO (Lunetube Dev.) would be a good path 4 U to explore.

He is obviously busy.. so if your 'soon' is too soon, you'll just have to wait!
    But why not PM him here anyway and have a chat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast