1.    #1  
    I've decided to part with my Pre 3, which hasn't seen any use for some time. I had an eBay listing that I ended early because it was unclear if I intended to reset the device or not. That seemed to raise a few concerns.

So, what do I need to do to (a) protect my identity, and (b) ensure that the next owner doesn't receive a brick they can't activate?

I've been reluctant to reset the phone. Device Info lists 4 different options for removing data and don't really understand how each one is relevant in this case. (It's been a while.) I have manually deleted or backed up any apps or data specific to my usage with the exception of Preware, Impostah, and Internalz Pro. However, my name still shows up in the Palm Profile. And my profile info, including email, is also revealed in Impostah.

I've read the Bypass Activation [WeOS 2.0] article. Not sure if the procedure in 2011 is the same today. And don't have a SIM card, which is recommended.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I'm keeping the tablet. Not giving up that easily. :-)
    do you still have the pre 3? I'm interested
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by agiospre View Post
    do you still have the pre 3? I'm interested
    Hi. Thank you for your interest. I still have it. But, seeing some of your other posts, it looks like you found one already. Correct?

Now I'm trying to unravel a mystery. I saw a recent Verizon Pre 3 topic, and it looks like you might have purchased one? Were you the buyer for a Verizon Pre 3 that sold on eBay for about $50 - from someone named Nick?

The reason I ask is that he is the same person that won my AT&T Pre 3 (for $180), then a week later (after his Verizon Pre auction bombed) filed a claim with eBay that my AT&T Pre didn't work. I had no recourse but to accept his return. However, when I got the phone back, I took the phone to AT&T. I had my Android phone deactivated, and the Pre 3 activated. Turned out there was nothing at all wrong with the phone! I believe the buyer lied. Furthermore, it's my suspicion that he was hoping for a better price from the Verizon Pre sale, in an effort to finance his purchase of my Pre 3.

So if you did buy the Verizon Pre 3 from eBay, how did it get listed again so soon? (It's been relisted for $300!) Did he refuse to sell it to you for $50?

I need to sell my Pre 3. Not sure if I'll do it again on eBay or not. Maybe I'll try here. I've already lost $30 in fees because of that jerk. So I've been less than enthusiastic about moving forward. But it's a great phone, just collecting dust here. Anyway...

Thanks for listening!
    Good afternoon batterboy,
    To answer your question about the Verizon HP Pre 3 I did win the auction for 50$ but the person that was selling it ended up not selling it claiming the "item was broken" I think it's an ebay loophole to not sell items at a low price, anyways my funds got returned to me, he listed it again and I did purchase it from him at a higher price but upon doing my research on this website the phone wouldn't work well on the ATT network, I even opened a thread asking about the Verizon phone so it's no secret; I ended up contacting the seller and he did returned the money to me, to which it was cool on his part. I did find a person that's selling his palm pre 3 and We're currently working on the logistics as far as shipping cost,etc.and if by chance anything changes I'll contact you for your palm pre 3. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
  5.    #5  
    Thank you for your reply. I had a feeling, when it sold for so little, he would do something to avoid completing the transaction. I'm glad you were able to get your money back in the end.

I have the option of doing what's called a Second Chance Offer on eBay to any of the bidders that were outbid. The next in line bid $178, so even with eBay's fees, I could do okay. Yes, let me know if it doesn't work out with the seller. Given the sense of community here (oh, and no seller fees!), I'd likely sell mine for less.

After the AT&T sales rep activated my phone, and we put it through all the tests, he said, "Okay, now let's switch back to your Android phone." And I was like, "Wait just a minute. I'm not sure I want to!" So yeah, really do like the Pre 3. If HP hadn't pulled the plug, I'd still be using it.
    Cool! check your inbox.
  7.    #7  
    I'm replying to my own thread.

Never mind! I figured it out. I just followed the pivotce article Coming Back (in 2014) To webOS...parts 1 and 2. Phone's working perfectly. And had that verified at an AT&T retail store (temporarily added a SIM) to be sure.

So the next move was to post an ad on the Marketplace. But there's no "Post New Thread" button!

I located the Android Central Marketplace Guidelines, and it the same applies to webosnation, I need at least 50 posts before I qualify to place an ad. I've been a member since 2010, and have read more than I've written. So, does that mean it's back to that auction site for me? Yuck.

(This should make 19 posts. 31 more to go!)
  8.    #8  
    That's not making any sense, though. What if I just wanted to add a WTB topic? You need 50 previous posts for that?
    Last edited by batterboy; 10/17/2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by batterboy View Post
    That's not making any sense, though. What if I just wanted to add a WTB topic? You need 50 previous posts for that?
    It's to deter spammers and scammers.

But as there are far less posters these days, the moderator HelloNNNewman, may give you a bump.