Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    I just got my Pre 3 from ebay (it's in amazing condition), and I'm trying to set up my account so I can email on the device and look at my calendar. However, nothing is working and it's giving me an error. Is there a simple way to get it working? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob with all of this. The phone DOES have PreWare installed if that helps.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    I just got my Pre 3 from ebay (it's in amazing condition), and I'm trying to set up my account so I can email on the device and look at my calendar. However, nothing is working and it's giving me an error. Is there a simple way to get it working? Sorry, I'm a bit of a noob with all of this. The phone DOES have PreWare installed if that helps.
    For Google Calendar & Contacts you need the Oauth2 patch that can be found in this forum. For GMail I don't remember exactly. You need the OpenSSL update from Alpha feed in Preware. Not sure if you need something else. I can confirm it still works with the right patches though.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for the response! Quick noob question, how would I go about applying that patch without a PC? Is that possible?
  4. #4  
    Short answer (because I'm on my phone), install "Internalz Pro" from Preware if it's not already installed. Then search Oauth2 here in the forum and use the post that Frantid updated back in March of this year. Follow the links to download the patch, you probably want the 2_224 version but check your OS version and match it. Install it with Internalz Pro. You will need the OpenSSL updater, which means you need to enable the alpha feeds in Preware, that explanation is too long for my fat fingers on my Pre3 keyboard.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Fred! Sounds like I'm going to have to go through quite a few steps in order to enable Alpha Feeds, I remember back in the day I used a computer program to install Preware, but I dont know if that's even in existence anymore...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    Thanks Fred! Sounds like I'm going to have to go through quite a few steps in order to enable Alpha Feeds, I remember back in the day I used a computer program to install Preware, but I dont know if that's even in existence anymore...
    updated this year https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...real-time.html
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys, so I got everything installed on my computer, but I'm still having a really hard time getting gmail and google contacts/calendar to work. Sorry about all the questions, is there by chance a step-by-step guide to getting this to work? For context, I'm using the Pre 3, I've got Preware installed (likely an older version because it was installed way back in 2012 according to the previous owner). Thanks so much!
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    Hey guys, so I got everything installed on my computer, but I'm still having a really hard time getting gmail and google contacts/calendar to work. Sorry about all the questions, is there by chance a step-by-step guide to getting this to work? For context, I'm using the Pre 3, I've got Preware installed (likely an older version because it was installed way back in 2012 according to the previous owner). Thanks so much!
    1. Uninstall Preware.
    2. Enable Alpha/Beta feeds as per https://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    3. Reinstall latest Preware from: http://ipkg.preware.net/feeds/webos-...1.9.14_arm.ipk (you can use WebOSQuickInstall linked above)
    4. Install OpenSSL updater 0.9.8-6 from Preware
    5. Install the Oauth2 patch from https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...ml#post3005312
    6. I guess it wouldn't hurt to install Certificate Grabber from https://preware.pivotce.com/package/...siccertgrabber (Though I think it's not really required anymore after the OpenSSL update, but not 100% sure).
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Herrie!! It's telling me I need to gain access to the Linux command line, do I do that through the phone itself or through WebOSQuickInstall? I'm not familiar with doing that.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    Thanks Herrie!! It's telling me I need to gain access to the Linux command line, do I do that through the phone itself or through WebOSQuickInstall? I'm not familiar with doing that.
    You can type novaterm or use the option in WebOSQuickInstall (Tools->Command Line from top of my head)

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  11.    #11  
    I see there are several patches available to install, how do I know which one to use?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    I see there are several patches available to install, how do I know which one to use?
    For Google Oauth2 it depends on your device. So you need to take the Pre3 variant for 2.2.4. You can tell by the filename.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  13.    #13  
    I'm trying to install one of the Oauth2 patches but they're all failing... I'm using a Verizon Pre3. Literally have tried all of them. Any idea why it's not working?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmiller71 View Post
    I'm trying to install one of the Oauth2 patches but they're all failing... I'm using a Verizon Pre3. Literally have tried all of them. Any idea why it's not working?
    Please post a list of patches that are installed (from Preware). I suspect you have a conflicting patch installed already that needs uninstalling first.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Please post a list of patches that are installed (from Preware). I suspect you have a conflicting patch installed already that needs uninstalling first.

    Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I have the following installed on the Pre3:


    Optware - OpenSSL, Optware Bootstrap
    Linux Application - AUSMT Scripts, GNU Patch, Lsdiff
    Applications - App Catalogue, Certificate Grabber, Maps, OpenSSL Updater, Preware, Quickoffice, and RootCertsUpdate


    I installed RootCertsUpdate in hopes of it working to get updated security certificates because Cert Grabber wasn't working.

Similar Threads

  1. Gmail: login credentials rejected
    By DougInAmbler in forum HP Veer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12/06/2019, 09:01 PM
  2. Copying and pasting text on a smart TV LG
    By Tlustik in forum LG webOS TV
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07/26/2019, 11:06 AM
  3. SMS and calls not working
    By NuclearKev in forum HP Pre 3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05/29/2019, 09:07 PM
  4. Rules and Guidelines?
    By davidg4781 in forum Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05/25/2019, 09:31 PM
  5. No longer able to click on different google results
    By jasondoes in forum webOS Development
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03/25/2019, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions