Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jlamb0 View Post
    Ditto for my Touchpad, which occasionally comes out to sub in for my Kindle.

I still watch the LuneOS developments and daydream of a return.
    If it's so little used, you may as well put LuneOS on it! We even have a test procedure now!
    LuneOS Testing Protocol
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    If it's so little used, you may as well put LuneOS on it! We even have a test procedure now!
    LuneOS Testing Protocol
    Not a terrible idea!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    smashed my android phone a month ago, blew the dust off the pre 2.. and it works! exchange sync (mail, calendar, contacts) is ok, sms, book reader, lacks only at least some messenger (telegram/whatsapp).
    Sorry for my English =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamil View Post
    smashed my android phone a month ago, blew the dust off the pre 2.. and it works! exchange sync (mail, calendar, contacts) is ok, sms, book reader, lacks only at least some messenger (telegram/whatsapp).
    Telegram you say? https://pivotce.com/2017/12/01/dianb...udgement-call/
    I use my Pre3 daily, as does my wife. My eldest daughter (21) uses a Pre Plus (on its last legs - second screen, etc. - and will be moving to a Pre3 shortly). Biggest complaint? Outdated OpenSSL, making browsing more and more difficult. Other than that, these phones do exactly what we need in a way like to do them, and without making us feel like Big Brother is watching.
    if mine was working, I would be
    Please someone accept my thread post
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisR View Post
    I use my Pre3 daily, as does my wife. My eldest daughter (21) uses a Pre Plus (on its last legs - second screen, etc. - and will be moving to a Pre3 shortly). Biggest complaint? Outdated OpenSSL, making browsing more and more difficult. Other than that, these phones do exactly what we need in a way like to do them, and without making us feel like Big Brother is watching.
    There is an updated OSSL. https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...vice-pack.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Hey, thanks for that, and sorry for the delayed response!
    Preemptive likes this.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmith198729 View Post
    I really want a modern Android version of the Palm Pre.
    For the record, I have an Android phone to play games from apknite and I believe webOS was waaaaay ahead of its time and Palm squandered their opportunity to make a leader in the mobile OS space. Their gesture navigation in particular was spectacular and I miss it.
    But I loved this phone. I'm a huge fan of the slider form factor and with modern specs I think it could be something truly special. Anybody else out there with me on this?
    I feel the same way except that Palm's shareholders decided to cash out big to hp. I can't blame them as I remember when the stock was up 18x...

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmith198729 View Post
    I really want a modern Android version of the Palm Pre
    Lol ... That's funny, like many Pre users I continue the struggle to keep WebOS alive on this phone, because I would rather have a sharp stick shoved into my testicles, than to become a minion in the Android army.
    kataran likes this.
    I went to the dark side ... I got a new iPhone SE after Apple announced they would no longer be manufactured [Déjà vu ;-) ] for $129, b/c my Pre-3 started to require a daily charge rather than a weekly charge, after I'd had new batteries for a year. Rather than continuing the fight, I switched. I still use my Touchpad daily.
    I'm a dummy and just bought a Pre 3 on eBay, but I just miss WebOS so much and loved the Pre 3 back in the day. It's a new one as well, the Verizon version. Hoping that at least a couple of apps still work lol.
    Mutoidi likes this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123