Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes
    My Pre2 is my backup phone, it has a prepaid SIM card inserted. Sometimes I turn it on and see how it synchronizes the calendar and contacts, then I open Classic and play Solitaire Poker. After a while, it goes back into the drawer
    Dell Axim X5 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Palm Tungsten T -> Palm Treo Pro + MicroSD 4GB -> Palm Pre 2 (Lost it) -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Veer -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Pre 3
    I still use my pre3 every day. I don't have many apps on it and my dash weather stopped working a little while ago, but I don't have any other phone. I still don't like how Androids or iPhones work and the physical keyboard is definitely one of the biggest reasons I am staying. Besides google spying on everything you do.

Lately my text messages take a bit to send and seems like 5 minutes sometimes to receive, which is frustrating, but don't count me out of 'whoever is left' and if I have to stop using my pre3 I would probably go back to my pixi before even considering alternatives.

Just wanted to note as well though, how much it means to those of us left, that you haven't given up on those still using and loyal to webos. Don't know where we would be without you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by meca View Post
    my dash weather stopped working a little while ago
    Accuweather still works for me. Mazzinia patched it a while back. It's actually still a bit broken, but that's just the ads! ;-)

https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...ml#post3412105
    I still use my pre3 daily. calls, texts, email, weather, twitter, navigation (Ndrive), Slacker Radio, freetether to a chomebook now and again. mwatch to send notifications to my pebble time steel, songID still works perfect, lune tube, think that covers most of my use. I'd like to keep going for a while mostly because of the strange looks I get now when I'm using it. Not having a useful browser is the biggest problem. I sometimes will use qupzilla on it, but it's so heavy and the pre3 is so limited in ram makes it hard to use.
    Grabber5.0 and NuclearKev like this.
    I use my Pre 3 as my daily driver! I use it for calls, texts, alarm, weather using AccuWeather, email (Google, Posteo), calendar (Google; Posteo doesn't work due to obsolete software), reminders using Tasks, notes using Memos, viewing this forum with Forums, reading reddit with IAmAReddit, connecting to IRC with wIRC, reading the Bible with BibleZ, basic web browsing (mostly for Wikipedia, I don't use QT Browser much because it is very very slow), and for games such as Sudoku, Solitaire Collection (FreeCell is my favorite, followed by Yukon, Golf, Spider, and Klondike), Smiles Zen HD, and Blocked HB.

Needless to say, I use my Pre 3 a lot! I will be very sad when it finally dies.
    ^^ awesome

Sent from my OPO awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I use my Pre3 almost every day. It isn't my main phone, but it still has too many apps and features I can't get elsewhere. Still using my Touchpad too.
    Doctoring or resetting, here's a checklist!
    Still using my Frankenpre. Google maps failing a few months ago almost made me move on but I have GPS in the truck so I get by.
    bbito likes this.
    The Google maps fail and the rudimentary camera has my wife throwing in the towel for an iPhone SE, but I'm still on the FrankenPre2 until the old TLS breaks everything or LuneOS can be a daily driver.
    I love activating and using my FrankenPre2 once in a while, but there is just too much I can't do anymore to use it as my primary daily driver. That and the camera, LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I love activating and using my FrankenPre2 once in a while, but there is just too much I can't do anymore to use it as my primary daily driver. That and the camera, LOL.
    I was under the impression that once you deactivated the frankenPre2 you can’t activate it again

If I’m wrong than I might activate mine for all time sake
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    I was under the impression that once you deactivated the frankenPre2 you can’t activate it again
    I haven't tried it, but I don't think there would be anything blocking re-activation, although I imagine you'd need to have recorded your original donor Sprint Pre's MSID and MEID...
    Hopefully Grabber5.0 can confirm.
    Yes, reactivation is a royal pain, because there is no Sprint OTA activation code for webOS 2.x. I have to remove the modem, put it back in a Sprint Pre, which I have to doctor, because it won't work with the newer modem firmware, then bypass profile activation, so it will see the Sprint network. Swapping from an LTE phone to a 3G phone using web self-service pretty much never works, so I always have to chat or call care. I once had to convince employee care that my plan is compatible with a 3G phone. Once it's active, it has to be swapped back into the FP2. The modem may or may not work when I put it back, so I have had to re-meta-doctor a different phone with this modem in it, if I want to use it in a previously active FP2 without wiping it. So yeah, I have to really want to use it. :|
    bbito likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    reactivation is a royal pain
    Wow, well I guess I spoke too soon when I told my wife she could go back if she can't stand the iPhone, but I think eBird and Duolingo already have her sold... That looks like at least a half-day of 'work' (if it doesn't take 2 days to find the donor pre)!
    Wow that’s work

Unfortunately my original pre- had an untimely death but I still play around with my frankenpre 2 for all time sake

My TP died once when the wireless charger stand unplugged by accident and I can’t get it to turn on
    32G Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    My TP died once when the wireless charger stand unplugged by accident and I can’t get it to turn on
    Did you try the standard trickle charge stuff? There are many threads here on reviving TPs. The success rate is high.
    kataran likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Did you try the standard trickle charge stuff? There are many threads here on reviving TPs. The success rate is high.
    I tried a few but I will look into it

Thank you
    32G Touchpad
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12