Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    <aside>I used to have a Mugen battery for my first Pre3 but I was less than impressed. If I used the camera flash while using that battery, the phone would reboot.</aside>
    I would still consider testing it in a different location, if feasible. It may be radio cell induced, and thus the phone being perfectly fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    I'm in the process of getting new batteries from Sumy.
    Are you actually in touch with Sumy? I would love to get some new batteries, but no response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Are you actually in touch with Sumy? I would love to get some new batteries, but no response.
    Sort of. I got a reply, replied to it and am now waiting. He may be having trouble logging in, but I have another channel. I will mention you.
    https://forums.webosnation.com/marke...3-battery.html
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/29/2018 at 09:13 PM.
    Fred Zyphal likes this.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Sort of. I got a reply, replied to it and am now waiting. He may be having trouble logging in, but I have another channel. I will mention you.
    https://forums.webosnation.com/marke...3-battery.html
    I bought a battery from Sumy a couple of years ago. It works well, but has this weird side effect where it changes the wallpaper (really!) when I put the device on the touchstone. It doesn't happen with the original batteries. Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuswap View Post
    I bought a battery from Sumy a couple of years ago. It works well, but has this weird side effect where it changes the wallpaper (really!) when I put the device on the touchstone. It doesn't happen with the original batteries. Go figure.
    LOL that's awesome. How in the world..
    I will mention you.
    Thanks ...
    I'd also like a new battery, if you're able to get the conversation started!
    How much might it cost to manufacture a pre 3 battery? What if a group of us submitted a request to Mugen for a bulk order? Mugen already has the plans for the extended battery. Just wondering...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    What if a group of us submitted a request to Mugen for a bulk order?
    I would put my name on that list, for normal sized batteries. FYI, the Mugen extended batteries are still available on eBay, I have one, but it makes your phone look pregnant, and you can no longer use the Touchstone with the special extra thick back cover.
    gazaud likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Zyphal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonwise80 View Post
    I'd also like a new battery, if you're able to get the conversation started!
    Sumy has replied and I have sent him money for a couple of batteries. He is just testing some. I pointed him at this thread and I will point you at his thread:
    WTS: HP Pre 3 battery - webOS Nation Forums

There are issues with some of the function of the forum, but I've found that opening the avatar name in a new card/tab/window opens the profile page and you should be able to send a PM from there.

He still has stock. I've never read a complaint about his batteries (I suspect the wallpaper thing above has something to do with exhibition mode on the touchstone). Should he run out of stock and there is still demand, I'd rather buy batteries from a community member than Mugen (If Sumy is willing to have more made). That said, I have no complaints about the Mugen battery I got for my Pre2. I wasn't aware they had even bothered making batteries for the Pre3, given it's almost 'non-release'.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 12/01/2018 at 04:39 PM.
    Fred Zyphal likes this.
    I'd rather buy batteries from a community member
    Agreed

I wasn't aware they (Mugen) had even bothered making batteries for the Pre3
    They did, they even had the standard size with slightly higher capacity for a while, but those are long since gone. The extra thick extended life ones are still available, they're not cheap, but I bought one just in case I have to resort to it some day, I really don't like it though.

I've found that opening the avatar name in a new card/tab/window
    Thanks, it took a little more finagling here, but you got me on the right path and I was finally able to send a PM to Sumy. Greatly appreciate your effort here.
    Last edited by Fred Zyphal; 12/02/2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Let's all encourage Sumy to have more Pre3 batteries made, then! I have a Mugen battery, but I barely touch my Pre3 for fear of eventually draining the only battery I own, with no hope for a replacement.
    My principal phone is a Blackberry Q10 right now (excellent phone, BTW), but if I can get spare batteries, I'll start using my Pre3 again!

FYI, the extended Mugen Pre 3 battery does not appear to be available anymore on Ebay, only the pre2 version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen1 View Post
    FYI, the extended Mugen Pre 3 battery does not appear to be available anymore on Ebay
    Dang, you're right ... the last time I looked, not very long ago, this listing "Mugen Power 2800MAH Extended Life Replacement Battery W/ Door Fit For HP PRE 3" said 11 available, now it says 0 available / 6 sold

Sorry, hopefully Sumy can help us out ... he responded to my PM, and I just sent him some money. I didn't want to be greedy since there are several of us who need batteries, so I only ordered two (one for each of my two phones), and I mentioned that there are still quite a few of us, and encouraged him to make more.
    Last edited by Fred Zyphal; 12/03/2018 at 01:07 PM.
    He responded to me as well, so I sent the money for two batteries myself. I also mentioned making more batteries. Cross fingers!

I'd rather use a Pre3 than the new Verizon Palm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12