1.    #1  
    I have a 5 year old Pre 3 that I use as my main phone. It is currently eating up my old battery, rather than needing to recharge weekly, I have to recharge every 3 days. [ Any suggestions? I did buy 2 additional batteries, but they aren't lasting either.]

In any case, my main question is that I bought a new [?] Pre3 from eBay, it looks in god shape and unused. Both are Verizon phones.

Can I slip my SIM card from my old phone and put it directly into my new phone and go [transparently]? Or do I have to put the new phone in DEVmode ... OR do I have to setup the new phone separately?

I'm not trying to use two phones simultaneously. My intent is to 'rejuvenate' from an older phone to a pristine phone with minimal hacking, doctoring, etc.

What info is on the SIM card?
    Er... I'll give it a go:
    I think it might be OK, but you may need to bypass activation on the new phone, so yes DEVMODE required.
    https://www.webosnation.com/bypass-activation-webos-2-x

What kind of modern smartphone lasts 3 days on one charge? Tell us more of your magical batteries!
  3.    #3  
    Magical Batteries: I rarely use my cell phone, except for a few occasional outgoing calls. And, I use MagicJack and GoogleVoice on a desktop, so that I can screen ALL roboCalls ... So the phone used to last for a week, now only 3 days. ;-)

Thanks for the link... I vaguely remembered seeing that.
    uh... do you keep it in airplane mode during part of the day, by chance ? I've never managed more than 2-3 days even when brand new , over a gsm network.
  5.    #5  
    I used to have a strong Verizon connection, and I seldom use the phone, instead using my desktop for browsing, etc. But, when I use it, I do need it, because it is my 'formal' phone, or because the electricity went out. Also, my home phone calls transfer to it, for convenient caller ID. But, it is on and active 24/7.
    Global Posts
    965 Global Posts
    Hank, where did you get your batteries? Now *that* is the magic trick there...
    I have an AT&T Pre 3 as my primary phone running on a week between charges. But I use it lightly and the battery is one of those huge Mugen batteries.
  7.    #7  
    Two years ago, I bought some batteries from Igor Sumi for a good price, but I don't know if he still has any. You'll have to search the Forums for contact info ... He travels a lot, so may not answer for months at a time, if he still has some. I vaguely remember that it was possible to cobble together your own batteries, but I don't recall any of the details.

I have a Verizon Pre 3, and I used to go a week between charges, also. Recently it's down to a day or two, and I think that either my local cell tower has reduced power (doubtful) or that my phone has a ["dead"] app that is continuously searching for a capability that no longer exists... Although I have the newest formal OS upgrade, I didn't make any changes or 'Luna' upgrades in the past 2 or 3 years, so I suspect that the phone is searching to back-up or some other function that has been switched off. Any suggestions for tracking down errant apps and removing them without bricking my Pre 3?