Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone I'm so sorry if this has been addressed, I tried doing a search and it's not liking my search criteria or something

My hp pre3, in my pictures folder, it has them grouped according to the ones I took with the phone's camera, ones I saved from text messages, screenshots, wallpapers...

If I tap on any of those folders I can see the pictures in it (and the correct number it told me that I had), except for the ones I took with the camera. I can see it says there are 208 photos, and it shows a few of the most recent on top of each other, but when I tap that subfolder to see them, I get nothing!
    I have 208 but it won't show me any of them. Please someone help before I freak out my pictures are so important to me. All the other subfolders behave as usual. Please let me know if you can help I'm a nervous wreck. Thanks for putting up with me and all your help you guys are the best.
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts
    Although not fixing this issue, have you tried connecting your Pre3 to a PC (Windows/Mac/linux) and browsing as a USB drive? At least you can make sure they are there, and possibly create a new folder to copy/migrate the pictures to?
  3.    #3  
    Hi I haven't tried that yet in fear that they won't show up on the laptop either, but seriously was probably going to be my next step. I know that if you accidentally delete something on your PC there are sometimes ways of getting them back, but don't know if I can do so for my pre3. Also I never hit any delete button so I don't understand. I had just taken a picture but didn't delete it or all of them to my knowledge. I don't even think I've ever seen a "delete all" on the pre3 or my pixi I used for years.
    It reads like you're looking at the photos app. It might just be the media indexer. It occasionally chokes. There are threads on this.

Mine sometimes gets stuck, so then I use Internalz Pro for a look. I don't recall ever 'losing' a picture. I also use the patch to date stamp pictures.

If your phone has performance problems, maybe this will help? GUIDE: CLEANING OUT THE /VAR PARTITION WHEN FULL | pivotCE
    Last edited by Preemptive; 07/09/2018 at 10:18 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks I hope so much you are right. I have never done internal pro before but have seen you all writing about it many times so I better start figuring it out. Hopefully the link you sent me will explain it for me. If not I bet someone posted about it on here how to start from the beginning.

Also I don't know if you could shed some light on whether or not it could be related to my call log just deleting itself entirely recently and I swear I never touched anything, I was pretty upset about that.
    I would seriously give a peek at the /var dimension ( and free space ) - the guide preemptive linked should tell how to.
    When /var gets too full, a lot of weird things happen
    Yes.. in similar circumstances, this has always worked for me to regain access to 'lost' photos etc:

So maybe try this first anyway?

1). Install/Run Internalz Pro.
    2). Delete: - ' /var/luna/data/filenotify.db3 '
    3). Reboot the device.
    4). Start Photo App.
    ( + "..Take a Photo - click on the preview to view - Close Camera -
    Close & Re-open Photo app.. " if nec.)
    5). Photos *should* now begin re-loading/indexing correctly.
    Could take quite a looong time - depending upon the number of pictures stored.

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive likes this.