Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By NuclearKev
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  • 1 Post By NuclearKev
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm having some cert issues on the Pre 3 (WebOS 2.2.4). I was searching around on the forums and found a lot of information that I hoped would work, however, none of it really did. I tried OpenSSL Updater + Root certs update (currently both installed) and cert grabber (it can't find any installed certs) but neither of those seem to do anything. I also read that if you remove two files, `/var/ssl/index.txt` and `/var/ssl/serial`, reboot the device, and check cert grabber, it should work. This didn't work either. I've resorted to manually inputting the certs myself via cert manager. Is there anything else I can do?

Basically the problem is that when I attempt to install something from preware, I get an error because of SSL cert problem. Not to mention email doesn't work unless I manually install the certs.

One extra note is that for some reason, my list of certs is deleted when I power off the device.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by NuclearKev; 01/17/2018 at 10:12 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I fixed my issues! Looks like the OAuth2 patch fixed everything! I'll be using my Pre 3 full-time now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks for the info. Not sure that I've paid much attention to that patch, so I'll look into it further.
  4.    #4  
    Sure thing! It could have also been due to getting a SIM in. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after I installed the patch that it began working. +1

Sure thing! It could have also been due to getting a SIM in. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after I installed the patch that it began working. +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    SIM would sync network time & date normally.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    NuclearKev likes this.
  6.    #6  
    Hi guys,

I don't mean to bring up an old thread but I found something super useful! I was setting up my new TP and I couldn't get the certs to work just like how they wouldn't work on my Pre3. After reading this thread again, I realized something. I said that my certs started working /after/ I put the SIM in. Then Herrie said that the SIM would sync network time.

So, I decided to try something: changing the TP time to the current time manually instead of leaving it on the network time (which probably didn't work because of the lack of certs). Guess what? It worked!!

So, when trying to get updated certs, the time on the device needs to be recent! Maybe this was explained on another post and I missed it, but this was an exciting find!

Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuclearKev View Post
    Hi guys,

I don't mean to bring up an old thread but I found something super useful! I was setting up my new TP and I couldn't get the certs to work just like how they wouldn't work on my Pre3. After reading this thread again, I realized something. I said that my certs started working /after/ I put the SIM in. Then Herrie said that the SIM would sync network time.

So, I decided to try something: changing the TP time to the current time manually instead of leaving it on the network time (which probably didn't work because of the lack of certs). Guess what? It worked!!

So, when trying to get updated certs, the time on the device needs to be recent! Maybe this was explained on another post and I missed it, but this was an exciting find!

Thanks a lot. That worked for me too. After updating time I manage to download apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyster07 View Post
    Thanks a lot. That worked for me too. After updating time I manage to download apps.
    Nuclearkev. Wonder if you can help me with step 6 of the guide "Install the Root Certificate Update". I could not find the link to download that.
    When I click on the link i get "The page you requested does not exist. For your convenience, a google search was performed using the query globalsign root certificate updater.".
    Any suggestion how to deal with that? Anyone else can advise? Thanks a lot. I found this precious guide couple of days ago.
    Unfortunately, that link is to the webOS Nation app gallery - which doesn't really work anymore.

UPDATE: This old link on the thread seems to work: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.5_all.ipk

(I'm assuming it's still up to date!)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 08/10/2018 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    Unfortunately, that link is to the webOS Nation app gallery - which doesn't really work anymore.

UPDATE: This old link on the thread seems to work: http://www.fordmaverick.com/GrabberS..._1.0.5_all.ipk

(I'm assuming it's still up to date!)
    Thank a lot for this and for the precios article. Will try and see what is going to happen.
    Will keep you updated.
    Just an advise.
    Is there a way to download a copy of all apps locally and keep it local in case they will disappear in the future?
    Im trying to keep a back up of everything as Im note sure how long it will be available.
    I have just found out about all these resources few days ago
    Quote Originally Posted by oyster07 View Post
    Is there a way to download a copy of all apps locally and keep it local in case they will disappear in the future?
    There is a patch in Preware named: "Disable Remove Source IPK After Package Installation"

This will retain the .ipk files in /media/internal so you can backup all ipks installed after the patch has been installed.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Hello, people! I don't know where else to post this but I would like to buy a Pre 3 and I'm from India. I previously bought one from a good friend on this forum and was very fond of it. But broke that one during an argument with my father. Would someone be interested in selling a Pre 3?
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Patterson View Post
    Hello, people! I don't know where else to post this but I would like to buy a Pre 3 and I'm from India. I previously bought one from a good friend on this forum and was very fond of it. But broke that one during an argument with my father. Would someone be interested in selling a Pre 3?
    You want to post here: https://forums.webosnation.com/marketplace/
    Thank you!!!