Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By NuclearKev
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, I'm having some cert issues on the Pre 3 (WebOS 2.2.4). I was searching around on the forums and found a lot of information that I hoped would work, however, none of it really did. I tried OpenSSL Updater + Root certs update (currently both installed) and cert grabber (it can't find any installed certs) but neither of those seem to do anything. I also read that if you remove two files, `/var/ssl/index.txt` and `/var/ssl/serial`, reboot the device, and check cert grabber, it should work. This didn't work either. I've resorted to manually inputting the certs myself via cert manager. Is there anything else I can do?

Basically the problem is that when I attempt to install something from preware, I get an error because of SSL cert problem. Not to mention email doesn't work unless I manually install the certs.

One extra note is that for some reason, my list of certs is deleted when I power off the device.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Last edited by NuclearKev; 01/17/2018 at 10:12 PM.
  2.    #2  
    I fixed my issues! Looks like the OAuth2 patch fixed everything! I'll be using my Pre 3 full-time now.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks for the info. Not sure that I've paid much attention to that patch, so I'll look into it further.
  4.    #4  
    Sure thing! It could have also been due to getting a SIM in. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after I installed the patch that it began working. +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Sure thing! It could have also been due to getting a SIM in. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't until after I installed the patch that it began working. +1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using [i]Forums
    SIM would sync network time & date normally.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    NuclearKev likes this.