Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mazzinia
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

My Pre 3 is in a boot loop due to my own stupidity of trying to install a different Kernel. Problem is it has a broken volume up button (as a lot of Pre 3's have). Is there an alternative way of getting into recovery mode than pressing that at boot?

J
    Running a Pre 3 (daily driver), Pre (advanced alarm clock), Touchpad 32GB with Android (hate it), Touchpad 64GB Panda with WebOS, and a Veer (for my wife).
    Opt+sym+R and keep holding down the R key.
  3.    #3  
    Hi Matt,

Thanks...it worked! Great of palm to provide a second way to get into that mode. I seriously thought it was the end.

J
    Running a Pre 3 (daily driver), Pre (advanced alarm clock), Touchpad 32GB with Android (hate it), Touchpad 64GB Panda with WebOS, and a Veer (for my wife).
    I think this should need to be properly listed somewhere... I didn't even know it could be done ( I only knew it was doing a reboot, not that had the optional feature if keeping the R key pressed )

What about a Sticky post with all the key combos and tricks for each device ?
    Misj' and Grabber5.0 like this.
    It has been mentioned here before, and I thought it was in one of the guides. I found it years ago with a Google search when I had a similar issue. I believe it was a Veer, which can't use the old method of popping out the battery and plugging it in.