Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    hi,

IM for webOS..:P

here's the link for the info
    � Telegram (DianBao for Telegram) for WebOS!

Updated.

ipk link:
    http://www.kcuf.com.sg/blog/files/co..._1.1.2_all.ipk

Now the sticker works
    Currently tested OK for HP/Palm Pre 3 as this is my favorite device.
    thing the only not working is the symbol pop up.

Should be able to run on Palm Pre 2 or Pre
    however not tested as i dont have any more Pre 2 / Pre device
    do note the screen resolution might be too low

Should be able to launch on TouchPad,
    on screen keyboard is not poping up. (still working on it)
    you might want to try a physical keyboard instead.

the App is using Qt5
    here's the link Qt5 for webOS
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-pre...qt5-webos.html

P/S: Use at your own risk.

If you like it, you might consider donate some $ to my PayPal account (mrrekcuf@gmail.com) for encouragement. ��

regards
    Last edited by mrrekcuf; 03/26/2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Great!!

I gonna test in my Pre 3! :-)

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Wow, it works!! Why does this work, and the version from Pattyland doesn't?

Also tried it on my Touchpad: that wil start but immediately crashes (without logging...)
    Rnp and MudShark22 like this.
    Wow,

wait a bit... I just peeked in the ipk. you ported Qt5 to webos ??? That's what , I think, we need to allow lune apps to be ported to a "classic" device... ?!?
    Last edited by mazzinia; 12/05/2016 at 06:02 PM.
    mrrekcuf likes this.
    update... it managed to start on the Go ... at the 3rd try.
    It's tailored for the pre3, so it uses just part of the screen. it doesn't rotate... and the text goes offscreen both right and left.
    I would say the touch expects different locations (couldn't press "restart" , and it eventually crashed).

I suspect it doesn't require too many tweaks( for sure to support a different screen resolution )
    Update 2: It works like a charm at 125% .... so it's working on a Go with 3.0.5

There's juuuust a small problem... there's no way to bring up the keyboard :P
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So awesome.

Sent from my OnePlus One awaiting a LuneOS port
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Great stuff! Donated a little amount

Since this app uses a full QT5 framework this could be used for other QT5 apps like a more modern browser as well! Would it be possible to share how you made this (specifically the QT5 part) work?

2 real issues so far with the app:
    1. Initial scaling is not good, better to set this to a lower value.
    2. The behavior of the Shift & Sym key are not good. Sym key should only work once after it's pressed, not continuously like it does now. The Shift key you need to hold now in order to get a capital letter. It shouldn't be like that. You should press the Shift key and the first key you press should be capital.

Otherwise it seems to work pretty well!
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    mrrekcuf and Proximity like this.
    Seriously!??! Qt5 ??? Is it possible the foundation was just laid to give legacy webOS a modern browser?
    No work palm pre2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Paternostro View Post
    No work palm pre2

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    2.2.4 on the pre2 ?
    does it try to start ?
    Nice!!!

Later tonight or tomorrow I'll reply because I want to try to build the QT5 libraries in a manner that they can be installed to a shared location for use amongst other apps!

EDIT: That was, of course, with the assumption that this is open source.... I probably shouldn't assume that. Is there a chance that it is?
    Last edited by dkirker; 12/06/2016 at 06:12 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Nice!!!

Later tonight or tomorrow I'll reply because I want to try to build the QT5 libraries in a manner that they can be installed to a shared location for use amongst other apps!

EDIT: That was, of course, with the assumption that this is open source.... I probably shouldn't assume that. Is there a chance that it is?
    It seems currently not, but maybe the dev would be willing to do that. It would help a lot in order to get other Qt5 apps backported to legacy webOS
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    2.2.4 on the pre2 ?
    does it try to start ?
    Yes 2.2.4, tap icon but no start.

Inviato dal mio LG-D505 utilizzando Tapatalk
    On palm pre 2 it chrashes, it tries to start, it goes black and after a second it closes. Maybe due to different screen res? (Dunno just making an hypothesis).
    Maybe if we had the source code we can make it run on the pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    It seems currently not, but maybe the dev would be willing to do that. It would help a lot in order to get other Qt5 apps backported to legacy webOS
    I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to get it built, just time consuming. Making use of, and building on top of (there are some QT things I'd like to tweak, and some LuneOS stuff I'd like to get in) existing work would speed that up. Either way, getting the new laptop going, so a build won't take like 2 days.
    Last edited by dkirker; 12/07/2016 at 05:38 PM.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    2 real issues so far with the app:
    1. Initial scaling is not good, better to set this to a lower value.
    2. The behavior of the Shift & Sym key are not good. Sym key should only work once after it's pressed, not continuously like it does now. The Shift key you need to hold now in order to get a capital letter. It shouldn't be like that. You should press the Shift key and the first key you press should be capital.

Otherwise it seems to work pretty well!
    I'd like to add the question of getting a notification when new messages arrive. And it seems that the german letters "", "" & "" don't exist.

Best regards from Germany!
    Super cool

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    can not operate on PalmPre 2?
    If you add your app here pivotCE Preware Feed it'll show up in Preware. If you submit, let me know and I'll publish. Nice job.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    joshua764, olli_p and jlamb0 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast