Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree65Likes
    It's in Preware.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    hops, my bad... never realized that it was added there
    Quote Originally Posted by mazzinia View Post
    It's a pity that the ipk has been removed and further enhancements stopped , just using the QT now available with qupzilla would make this a fully working app on the touchpad ( virtual keyboard ).
    For what's it worth, two months ago I worked on building the (back then) latest version of Telegram/tdesktop built on NIN_ru's Qt 5.9 webOS plugin.
    I've been using it since on my Pre 3 (didn't try on TouchPad) and it works quite well, however I do not want to release it without reproducible build instructions, preferably an automatic build system, and I would want to clean up my changes to upstream tdesktop. Unfortunately I'm currently short of time and will be so for the next few months. So I'm not sure if I'm ever going to release it.
    Properly releasing source code including a build system is not an easy task, it took me a few dozen hours to manually get it to compile and run successfully. Releasing without source code is not an option due to GPL. Also I originally planned to improve webOS integration with native notifications, filechooser etc., but I will probably not find time for that anymore (well, at least I got URL/file opening and copy/paste working).
    I didn't want to make any announcement about something I might not release, but I somehow felt the need to respond to this post. :-/
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Preemptive and mrrekcuf like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    For what's it worth, two months ago I worked on building the (back then) latest version of Telegram/tdesktop built on NIN_ru's Qt 5.9 webOS plugin.
    I've been using it since on my Pre 3 (didn't try on TouchPad) and it works quite well, however I do not want to release it without reproducible build instructions, preferably an automatic build system, and I would want to clean up my changes to upstream tdesktop. Unfortunately I'm currently short of time and will be so for the next few months. So I'm not sure if I'm ever going to release it.
    Properly releasing source code including a build system is not an easy task, it took me a few dozen hours to manually get it to compile and run successfully. Releasing without source code is not an option due to GPL. Also I originally planned to improve webOS integration with native notifications, filechooser etc., but I will probably not find time for that anymore (well, at least I got URL/file opening and copy/paste working).
    I didn't want to make any announcement about something I might not release, but I somehow felt the need to respond to this post. :-/
    Well... us webOS users are a patient lot!
    Possibly we could find members of the user group or this forum who could work with you if you think it would help..? Of course, I can't promise anything and certainly not on anyone else's behalf, but perhaps someone would see this and be able to assist.

This one is LuneOS only, but that was before the Qt5 upgrade for webOS...
    http://preware.pivotce.com/package/d...telegram-webos
    Last edited by Preemptive; 11/19/2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Hi!

It felt so great to see Telegram messaging app available for our beloved webOS! Thanks a lot!

I don't want to look like an ungrateful *****, but can the WhatsApp messaging app be ported as well?
    I mean, I think it is a way more used messaging app, so it'll benefit more users.
    I use Telegram, but only have about 30 contacts (out of +900 on WhatsApp) I can reach through it and out of those only around 5 are truly active. The others? Mostly use WhatsApp.
    I remember a couple years ago MojoWhatsUP was a major thing for webOS users, to a point that was the only app maintaining lots of webOS users still rocking their Preš (for me also ProjectMacaw). That's why I hope that WhatsApp could be ported to webOS just like Telegram was.

Again, thanks to all who are just NOT going to quit on webOS.

Long Lives webOS!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    Rnp likes this.
    @ajguns

There was a Whatsapp client, made by a skilled forum member. The issue is that whatsapp (company) doesn't want 3rd party clients and well over a year ago acted against all opensource clients available.
    There are sources for the latest release of our whatsapp, but we didn't find someone to continue the development + probably now we would be locked out from accessing the messaging network ( we simulated being a symbian, and I think their access deadline has been already hit )
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Hi!

It felt so great to see Telegram messaging app available for our beloved webOS! Thanks a lot!

I don't want to look like an ungrateful *****, but can the WhatsApp messaging app be ported as well?
    I mean, I think it is a way more used messaging app, so it'll benefit more users.
    I use Telegram, but only have about 30 contacts (out of +900 on WhatsApp) I can reach through it and out of those only around 5 are truly active. The others? Mostly use WhatsApp.
    I remember a couple years ago MojoWhatsUP was a major thing for webOS users, to a point that was the only app maintaining lots of webOS users still rocking their Preš (for me also ProjectMacaw). That's why I hope that WhatsApp could be ported to webOS just like Telegram was.

Again, thanks to all who are just NOT going to quit on webOS.

Long Lives webOS!!!

Well, I'm in the exact situation as you.

Telegram is very good, but 100% here in Brazil use Whatsapp.

So, without WA, my Pre 3 is only a desk clock, waiting for some hope.

Good luck for us.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Yeah, I think the Whatsapp ship has sailed. They cracked down hard, and if I had written one of the apps, I'd have quit long ago.
    Rnp likes this.
    Yeah, I think the Whatsapp ship has sailed. They cracked down hard, and if I had written one of the apps, I'd have quit long ago.
    With the right UserAgent you should be able to run web.whatsapp.com in Qupzilla. This is the one we use in LuneOS Browser: https://github.com/webOS-ports/luneo...rrides.js#L119

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    With the right UserAgent you should be able to run web.whatsapp.com in Qupzilla. This is the one we use in LuneOS Browser: https://github.com/webOS-ports/luneo...rrides.js#L119

Yes, but the web client for whatsapp relies on having a phone having whatsapp installed and running
    Yes, but the web client for whatsapp relies on having a phone having whatsapp installed and running
    True however you can run WhatsApp on a 2nd phone with Android or iOS which doesn't even need to have a sim but for your main number. I have WhatsApp on my Android work phone that has a different phone number but WhatsApp uses my Pre 3 phone number there. Not ideal but works somehow ;-)

HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    I suppose, but personally i'm against needing to keep a device online just to give a 2nd device a function... at that point I would simply use the former.
    This said, the pre3 works perfectly, webos too... I've 0 reasons to have an android or ios device

I have some friends that point blank started using whatsapp, while just before they were using nothing ( while I kept suggesting them skype for some years, but I digress .. especially given how skype is now ). I use an emulator 1 time a week and if they have something urgent, they can send me an sms , since they keep refusing installing skype/qq/telegram/etc
    @Herrie , you all right?

With the right UserAgent you should be able to run web.whatsapp.com in Qupzilla.
    Can you say what is the right UserAgent to this case?

Thanks.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Can you say what is the right UserAgent to this case?
    From the link above, I see:
    Code:
    "web.whatsapp.com": "Mozilla/5.0 (LuneOS; Desktop) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/56.0.2924.103 Safari/537.36",
    There was a user agent patch... or maybe Qupzilla can spoof? I don't know.

Choorp Studios can spoof you to ipad, Chrome or Firefox. Maybe more if it's just a matter of altering a text string in the patch?
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/06/2018 at 10:31 PM.
    Rnp likes this.
    I was hoping that I'd still be able to snag this app but, alas, it seems I am too late. I get a 404 error when attempting to download from preware.

Any word on whatsapp on pre 3?

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearKev View Post
    I was hoping that I'd still be able to snag this app but, alas, it seems I am too late. I get a 404 error when attempting to download from preware.

Any word on whatsapp on pre 3?

It's on the ftp.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    It's on the ftp.

Thanks for the quick reply, Alan. How do I connect to the ftp?

Ps: I think I follow you on twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearKev View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply, Alan. How do I connect to the ftp?

Ps: I think I follow you on twitter!

ftp://webosftp.qualitis.hu/
    Username is preanon with no pw

Follow me on Twitter
    NuclearKev likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Morford View Post
    ftp://webosftp.qualitis.hu/
    Username is preanon with no pw