Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes
    Hmmz...

Sent from a OnePlus Dumpling awaiting LuneOS
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    I hate you Nguyen1!

My eBay trigger finger is SO itchy. I've watched a few videos and I like the interface and the multi-tap button. They made some interesting little tweaks to Android.

On the other hand, do I really need another Android phone when my Xiaomi is set up so nicely? I'm going to walk away from the computer for a few hours. lol.

Screenshot_20190707-094624.jpg
    Last edited by Shuswap; 07/07/2019 at 11:56 AM.
    I just bought one of the cheap ones off eBay! I hope that the webOS style Android mods work on it!
    Shuswap likes this.
    Global Posts
    357 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veyron431 View Post
    I just bought one of the cheap ones off eBay! I hope that the webOS style Android mods work on it!
    Nova Launcher will work, so all of the restyling associated with it should work too. I'm not sure about whether any of the 'swipe up' utilities will achieve anything, or whether the new android gestures are coming to this phone (it's on Oreo as far as I know). I use GMD gesture control, but you need root for that, and I haven't read anything about anyone being able to root this phone.

Given the cool multitap button and the PalmOS style graffiti pad, I'd be more inclined to retheme it with PalmOS icons.
    I just got my Palm phone today! Cute as a button. Barely taller than a Veer, half as thick, but well-constructed. Unlocked, and yes, the Verizon SIM is removable. I might eventually put my GSM sim inside to try it out, but for now, I'm enjoying what amounts to a smaller iPod. I disabled as many Google apps as I could, loaded my favorite launcher (Buzz launcher), changed the icons, and updated the OS. It doesn't resemble an Android phone anymore, which is good, because Android generally sucks (a big reason why I'm still switching between a Bold 9900 or Pre 3 as my personal phone).
    MudShark22 and Shuswap like this.
    Related - Soyes XS [ ~ $100 Android phone with an iPhone skin] I imagine you might create a Palm-like skin
    Is anyone else struggling to make their new Palm work with a non Verizon sim? While it’s saying that there is reception and all the APN settings appear to be correct, I can’t seem to connect to cellular for some reason which seems contrary to every one else’s experiences.
    Is anyone else struggling to make their new Palm work with a non Verizon sim? While it’s saying that there is reception and all the APN settings appear to be correct, I can’t seem to connect to cellular for some reason which seems contrary to every one else’s experiences.
    I don't have one, but just trying to help.

Did you confirm the Non-Verizon SIM works in other phones? Sometimes the SIM itself can be locked.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I ws told (@ verizon store) that older versions are locked to verizon regardless of SIM insertion. Only 'newer' release is GSM unlocked. And they cautioned me about buying used / refurb for tbis reason.

This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    I ws told (@ verizon store) that older versions are locked to verizon regardless of SIM insertion. Only 'newer' release is GSM unlocked. And they cautioned me about buying used / refurb for tbis reason.

I've got one of the original Verizon versions in Australia and it's working perfectly. The only real concern is the very limited range of bands that it is compatible with, so you'd have to check that. Because of that, I've had to get a second phone plan on another carrier, but since they're selling it for $700 in Australia at the moment, I'm still saving money that way ahaha
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12