Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By anon(8063781)
  • 1 Post By jlamb0
  • 1 Post By Misj'
  1.    #1  
    Hi all.... I've created a template for webOS webapps to make it easier for people to make their own simple apps, with the html/css/javascript hosted either on a remote server or on the device. I know that most of the wiley programmers around here could do this in their sleep, but that wasn't the point. I wanted to make it easier for rank amateurs like myself to create apps, and so the app is full of explanatory comments and instructions to help others.

You can find the app on GitHub: https://github.com/Shuswap/template_webview_app If you want to improve on it, go right ahead and fork it!

I'll be posting this information on pivotCE shortly...
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Very cool! This will be a valuable resource when I finally get around to playing around with webOS programming.

Thanks!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    nice.
    Are you going to create something similar for Enyo, or would that be less relevant?

(I'm probably not your target audience, but just curious)
    anon(8063781) likes this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Misj' View Post
    nice.
    Are you going to create something similar for Enyo, or would that be less relevant?

(I'm probably not your target audience, but just curious)
    Probably not. Spring is finally here (Canada) and I'm dying to go outside!

More importantly, though, there was nothing like this that I could find for the phones, which is part of the reason why I did it. I also used Mojo because there were a couple of books available, and I could figure out what I was doing. I've looked into Enyo before and found the documentation unsatisfactory.

In any case, there are already options available for the Touchpad and LuneOS. There's Shortcut Launcher for the TouchPad (https://forums.webosnation.com/webos...-launcher.html) and I imagine that you could use it to launch local files if you wanted to do so. On LuneOS creating webview apps is insanely easy. All you need is appinfo.json with the URL under "main," an icon, and a directory with your local files, if that's what you're launching.
    IIIxe | z22 | Pre 3 | Bold 9900 | Q10 | Passport SE