Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106
  1.    #1  
    It's pretty clear now that the Treo 700p is on it's way, and will be launched exclusively by Sprint. I was told this months back, glad to see my "sources" were right. I for one will upgrade, as having EV-DO is worth it alone, especially with Sprint's pricing.

    Who will upgrade to the Treo 700p?, even though our currents 650's are close to perfection.

    Happy Holidays to all Treocentral members
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I for one will upgrade, as having EV-DO is worth it alone, especially with Sprint's pricing.

    Happy Holidays to all Treocentral members
    I might upgrade for the same reason, although I was hoping for a thinner device. I assume the 700P will be the exact same form factor as the 700W, which is pretty much the same as the 650. Given that, I might wait until the 700P successor arrives unless I can't live without the EV-DO.

    Happy Holidays to you as well.
  3. #3  
    Perry will ;-)

    I decided to try something else.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  4. #4  
    I was going to, but now I am in charge of evaluating a solution for our sales people and I'm leaning toward WM5 for the push feature w/ Exchange SP2.

    I've been a Palm OS user/fanboy for 7+ years, but I'm starting to feel that the Garnet OS is a bit dated and can't really handle all of the things I want it to do and do it with stability. I can deal w/ some of the issues since I'm a techie type, but I'm not willing to support it for all my remote users.
    Last edited by Geckotek; 12/21/2005 at 11:25 PM.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
  5. pump142's Avatar
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    more memeoy, bt 1.2 & ev-do will make me jump
  6. #6  
    Beats me. I need to see the specs first, and wait for a GSM unlocked one.
  7. #7  
    I may make the jump form my Sprint Treo 600.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. cyndy's Avatar
    211 Posts
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    i will get a 700p to replace my 600. i've been quite happy with my 600, but i wouldn't mind a little more speed & better resolution.
  9. Reapman's Avatar
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Well, I need WiFi for my trip to japan... so if it comes out in the next month or two AND has WiFi, sold. If not..........

    I dont' want to think about "not"
  10. #10  
    I'm with you, GearGoddess. My 600 has been great, but I'm ready to upgrade. Tomorrow wouldn't be too soon.
  11. #11  
    I left my beloved Treo 650 on Sprint for the PPC 6700 just for EV-DO so the 700p sounds like a great buy. My only issue is that Exchange sync is a really nice feature. How does the Palm OS handle Exchange accounts? Can it wirelessly sync calendars, contacts and mail?

    If not, I may leave Sprint and pick up the 700W. I really like the Treo design over the pull out keyboard concept - so hopefully it will be back to a Treo for me.

    Question, when is the 700p expected? I read over at Treonauts that one analyst is expecting it in January - not that long after the 700w. Is there anymore information on this? Are they going to be released at the same time in early January?

    Last edited by KeilwerthSX90R; 12/22/2005 at 12:21 AM.
  12. #12  
    I will probably wait to check the specs on the 700W when it is out for GSM on Cingular. Unless the 700p is a huge difference from my 650, nothing compelling to making that switch.
  13. #13  
    I can't imagine the 700p would be released too close to the release date of the 700w. That would take the tunder out of Verizon's intro. Just my opinion.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  14. #14  
    Nah...ppl who want Palm OS will go w/ the 700P
    PPl who want WM5 will go 700W
    PPl who want Verizon will go 700W
    PPl who want Sprint will go 700P

    Either the carrier or the OS will make ppl decide, but not just because one comes out before the other. Releasing them at the same time should truly not affect each other's sales (except to maybe raise both due to product awareness.)
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
  15. slinky's Avatar
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I've only had my 650 for 5 months. I can't think of dumping the phone and spending $500 and getting a 2 year contract on top of it all. But even if I were tempted, I'm feeling the same way as some others. The Palm OS is so dated and limited in certain ways that I'm not sure I want to continue investing in it.

    The 700W is OK but the lack of WiFi and the 240x240 resolution doesn't excite me. While the 650 can be an exercise in frustration with RAM, I'm hoping that at least I can eventually have the time and patience to create a custom RAM and get back 4 MB of space. Even so, unless Verizon changes their data rates policy on this phone I will tell them to go @#$$ themselves indefinitely and see what will be available on Sprint/Nextel.

    I'm going to wait this one out and see what's coming out from other manufacturers before I start eyeing another phone...
  16. #16  
    Not me because I don't use Sprint.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #17  
    I keep saying that I will absolutely refuse the temptation to upgrade until there is Sprint EVDO in my area but an upgraded OS, WiFi, and more memory would make me jump all over it the minute it can be ordered.
  18. #18  
    I would guess yes, I will have to wait for an unlocked GSM version. Unles T-Mobile decides to sell a Treo again.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Perry will ;-)

    I decided to try something else.
    What he said.

    (First Line.)
  20. gtoatley's Avatar
    15 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I will problably upgrade. I was turned off by the memory issues of the 650, so if the new 700P has more memory, EVDO and bluetooth, then I will get it. It would also be cool to finally have wi-fi in the device as well.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions