Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By albert_e
  1.    #1  
    Is there any app that will let me create playlists of music stored on a network drive,

Or more specifically ... I have a network drive that has music arranged into folders

I want to be able to browse these folders and play any selected folder

Do you know of any app that allows this?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I believe that you can use ES File Explorer to navigate to your network folder and then use your favorite music player to play from there. Alternately if you have a DLNA server BubbleUPnP will allow access to your music.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I believe that you can use ES File Explorer to navigate to your network folder and then use your favorite music player to play from there. Alternately if you have a DLNA server BubbleUPnP will allow access to your music.
    Does ES File Explorer let you play all files in a folder?

I thought you could only play one track at a time by manually selecting it and then choosing which media player to play it in? Did I miss something?
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I should have preferenced my post with I have not tried this. I have used BubbleUPnP with my NAS and that does work.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    I should have preferenced my post with I have not tried this. I have used BubbleUPnP with my NAS and that does work.
    I just tried ES File Explorer

If you are in a folder with mp3s you can select all and play but it takes many clicks

1. Select menu/options - operations - select all
    2. Menu/options - operations - music - Play / add to now playing

This plays the tracks in ES Media Player

There doesn't seem to be a way of queuing these tracks in any other media player of your choice
    noseph likes this.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i can't seem to find "menu options in my version.
    I can get to all my music files, which are organized by artist folders, never could find the options/settings to play all the music folders without opening each one and clicking a song?