Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes
  1.    #1  
    Seems a foursquare api change with date of 28th of January makes the app stop working ;-/

The Foursquare API no longer supports requests that do not pass in a version parameter. For more details see https://developer.foursquare.com/overview/versioning
    Endpoint: Login

Try Again / D'oh!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Geoff,

I know you've more or less moved on from webOS but this is a great app and probably one of the most used (by those of use still running webOS devices). Would you please consider an update. Thank you.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    sshaka, vrodic, toaste and 1 others like this.
    Asked him on Twitter If he doesn't I might have a look myself.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Grabber5.0 and vrodic like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    Asked him on Twitter If he doesn't I might have a look myself.
    I hope you do, Foursquare on Pre 3 is for me the second most used app, next to email and Accuweather (after the untimely demise of Spaz - an excellent Twitter client, which didn't survive one of similar Twitter API changes)
    Quote Originally Posted by vrodic View Post
    I hope you do, Foursquare on Pre 3 is for me the second most used app, next to email and Accuweather (after the untimely demise of Spaz - an excellent Twitter client, which didn't survive one of similar Twitter API changes)
    spaz has indeed been updated and is available for download here:

Mojo (phones)

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/com.funka...2.0.16_all.ipk

Enyo (touchpad)

http://www.metaviewsoft.de/com.funka..._0.5.1_all.ipk

enjoy!
    I am hoping someone will have a look at it. Here is the github for it.

https://github.com/foursquare/foursquare-palmpre

hopefully someone will fix it...
    The error message indicates that it's pretty simple, but the error message might be more simple than the truth

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Geoff replied he doesn't have time

Looking at it now, made quite some changes, just need to get GPS working on my Veer to see if all is OK again and play around a bit. Hope to have a working version later today!

[edit]
    Actually I might just as well test on the emulator
    [/edit]

[edit2]
    Don't have internet connection in emulator here, will update a bit more and try on my Veer during lunch break in about 1 hour
    [/edit2]
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/31/2014 at 05:09 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Thanks for your work - it's amazing just now how many things are breaking and being quickly fixed!
    Last edited by Preemptive; 01/31/2014 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Error fixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    [edit3]

[/edit3]

;-)

Thanks for your work - it's amazing just now how many things are breaking and being quickly fixed!
    I'm no good with names Changed it

This one is relatively easy (though needs updating at tons of places...)

I wish the LinkedIn Synergy connector would be this easy to fix....
    sshaka and Preemptive like this.
    OK, it's working I couldn't test ALL functionality, but the basic bits seem to work, logging in, checking in etc. Rest would need to be tested.

Updated IPK attached here.

I'll put everything on GitHub later today and create a Pull Request. I hope Geoff will have some time to submit the updated IPK to HP for the App Catalog!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    On pressing button "Check-in" I got "Checked-In!" window without any friends' check-in rates. There is the only "Sweet!" button. However on returning to Place I see my check-in. So 2.8.7 works for me!
  13.    #13  
    wow.. that was fast! TY!

i took a look at the code aswell... seems the version argument was already used in the usual requests/multi-requests but not during login.

but im not familiar with webos programming, it doesn't look that hard.. just a little bit unstructured at first glance

is there an easy way to setup a development environment? i googled for that.. but most of the developer.palm..links in the answers were down

i'd love to have the events in the foursquare app.. perhaps i'll give that a try
    It's working again, indeed! Thanks a lot, Herrie!
    Quote Originally Posted by aexellent View Post
    wow.. that was fast! TY!

i took a look at the code aswell... seems the version argument was already used in the usual requests/multi-requests but not during login.

but im not familiar with webos programming, it doesn't look that hard.. just a little bit unstructured at first glance

is there an easy way to setup a development environment? i googled for that.. but most of the developer.palm..links in the answers were down

i'd love to have the events in the foursquare app.. perhaps i'll give that a try
    It's written in webOS Javascript framework called Mojo.

It's basically HTML and JavaScript

There were TONS of requests that still needed updating, so did that. Must have been at least a couple if not a lot more. Didn't count, but quite some.

What you need is the webOS SDK, see http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...re-almost.html

This has a number of tools which are useful to package and install apps (palm-package, palm-install, palm-log etc).

Basically you can clone: https://github.com/foursquare/foursquare-palmpre/

You can make the modifications in the Foursquare folder that you cloned above.

Then you can do "palm-package Foursquare" and it will create a "com.foursquare.foursquare_2.8.5_all.ipk" which you can install with palm-install, WebOS Quick Install or Preware for example.

The version number is taken from the appinfo.json file in "Foursquare" folder. I updated this to 2.8.7 so when I packaged it created a 2.8.7 version

WebOS101 is also a good resource: http://webos101.com/Main_Page
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    On pressing button "Check-in" I got "Checked-In!" window without any friends' check-in rates. There is the only "Sweet!" button. However on returning to Place I see my check-in. So 2.8.7 works for me!
    I didn't really use the app much before myself, so I don't really know how the app is supposed to react. I'll play around a bit in the app and check the logs over the weekend to see if I can finetune some bits still.
    Pull Request is done: https://github.com/foursquare/foursq...lmpre/pull/106

Waiting for merge and submission of update to HP for App Catalog!

[edit]
    76 changes were made to requests, so that's more than a couple of dozen
    [/edit]
    Last edited by Herrie; 01/31/2014 at 12:07 PM.
    barryb20 likes this.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Herrie,

Thank you very much for updating the foursquare app. If you run across the need for someone to beta test any other fix, let me know.
    Palm III, Palm T3, Palm Treo 650, Palm Pre+, hp Pre 3, Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by aexellent View Post
    wow.. that was fast! TY!

There is also...

WebOS Internals PDK - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Herrie,

Thank you for your fix.
    It works for me.

Offtopic (?) I had to download the zip on PC and send the ipk by mail because I can not sign-on webosnation's page from my Pre3...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast