Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    It's been about a week that in most venues where you get "3 people here" etc. when you tap the venue the people don't appear (I think unless it's the mayor).
    Anyone having this?
    Also, is Zhephree still active ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiter View Post
    It's been about a week that in most venues where you get "3 people here" etc. when you tap the venue the people don't appear (I think unless it's the mayor).
    Anyone having this?
    Also, is Zhephree still active ?
    Still here!

This is intended behavior, due to changes in foursquare's API for privacy reasons.

You can always see the number of people checked-in to a venue, but you can only see who those people are if they are your friends, OR if you're checked-in to that venue.

Example:
    You look at the list of venues and see there are 3 people checked-in to Starbucks. You view the venue and cannot see the people that are there. Once you check in to that Starbucks, you'll be able to see them (if and only if they have not opted out of appearing in the "Hear Now" option in their privacy settings).

Example 2:
    You look at the list of venues and see there are 3 people checked-in to Starbucks. You view the venue and only see your friend Bob. This means you aren't friends with the other 2 people and are not checked-in to the venue.

It's possible they may show the mayor as well (which makes sense since you know they go there a lot), but I haven't gotten confirmation on that.
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info and it's nice to know you're still in the webOS world as I love your work.