Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I have 3 bugs that seem to be pretty persistent that I'd like to report. These are all in the newest version of the app. (2.2.3) These were all found using my stock verizon palm pre plus with webos 1.4.5 and no patches/homebrew.

1. The find nearby banks and atms and parking buttons never work. They always just give me an error message that says "Error finding nearby parking/banks and atms"

2. I can't dismiss pop-up error messages (ex: the GPS error message). Any time I get a an error message and I press the little "doh" button nothing happens. The message stays popped up no matter how many times I hit the button. The only thing I can do is close the app by going to card view and tossing the card off the top.

3. Hitting the "special nearby" button doesn't work unless it's the first thing you do at a venue. If I check in to a venue first or hit more info and then push the button nothing happens. I have to back out to the places list and go back in to the venue page in order to view the specials.

Other then these three bugs it's a pretty solid app and I do highly appreciate it but I feel like these bugs need to be addressed. Bugs 2 an 3 really detract from the user experience and make the app seem temperamental.
    m100 -> m125 -> zire 71 -> Treo 650 (VZW) -> Pre Plus (VZW) + TouchPad
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I've never used the bank / atm button (#1), and I've never had the recurring error message (#2), but I can vouch for #3--the Special button doesn't work when you come back to the venue scene after checking in.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    For those who are wondering all 3 bugs still persist in the new version (2.5.0).
    I know this is all volunteer work, but seriously, the GPS error pops up 9 out of 10 times on my AT&T Pre Plus. Yes, it pops up more often than it doesn't and I haven't made any adjustments. Turning Airplane Mode on and off works occasionally but I usually just have to keep opening the app again and again before I'm no longer told that the "GPS is returning null values".

Will a fix for this ever be made?
    Are you sure it's the app? Could be that your GPS is really flaky.
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Sounds more like flakey GPS issues from your pre rather then a foursquare issue. I think my issues I reported are of the software bug variety.

Does zhephree read this forum? I thought I've seen him post here before. I understand he does this work pro bono but it'd be nice to at least have my issue acknowledged and to know that it's not just a figment of my imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by danib62 View Post
    Sounds more like flakey GPS issues from your pre rather then a foursquare issue. I think my issues I reported are of the software bug variety.

Does zhephree read this forum? I thought I've seen him post here before. I understand he does this work pro bono but it'd be nice to at least have my issue acknowledged and to know that it's not just a figment of my imagination.
    I'd tweet him. Or send him an inapp support email. I think you can do that anyway...
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    I don't tweet but I sent him a PM through these forums. He last posted today so I assume he'll get it.
    I was having the odd GPS issue on webOS 1.4.5, but since I updated to 2.1.0 and reinstalled the app, I've managed to open 4Square maybe 3 or 4 times, every other time gives me an error about GPS. Restarting the phone doesn't seem to help anymore. (I'm on an O2UK Pre+, meta doctored to 2.1.0). Not sure if it is the apps fault, but maybe that info could help. Are your issues on 2.1 or 1.4?